SCOTUS Shenanigans Watch

Conservatives have been making this complaint for 40 years! Whatever the merits of their complaint, I don’t remember any liberal justices crying about how mean it was.

9 Likes

Do they have a dating site, like “PlentyOfCash”?

Rules for thee, not for me.

The imaginary gay couple wasn’t allowed to argue their side of the case.

4 Likes
7 Likes

11 Likes

3 Likes

It’s enraging cause it’s true… Although, the front line should all be white men, and white women should be slightly behind them… otherwise, no notes!

9 Likes

If it didn’t exist at the time of the founders - it’s illegal!

Hey - only cisgender, white, straight, christian, men who own property deserve bodily autonomy!

2 Likes

I still don’t understand how Thomas continues to get away with calling himself an Originalist.

I mean, I guess one could say Harlan Crow ‘owns’ him, but not in the way it was understood in the 18th and 19th centuries, and the fact that he has been allowed to vote, go to a mixed-race university, and marry a white woman should all be deal-breakers.

10 Likes

what i have heard about him makes a lot of sense to me:

his “philosophy” is that since he can do it, anyone can. he believes(?) any support of fellow poc only undermines them. and he believes - so far as i understand - that affirmative action only made things harder for him. he would have made it anyway, so it only made him seem lesser

he thinks it’s solely hard work, not circumstance or luck or white supremacy, that got him where he is. and he has rich powerful buddies telling him he’s totally right.

tldr, money and power are a hell of a drug combo

8 Likes

I’m not talking about Affirmative Action (which he benefited from) but his claim to be an “Originalist”. If he truly believed that the Constitution can be no more than what the Founding Fathers wrote and thought in 1787, then he shouldn’t even BE on the Supreme Court.

13 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes

Whenever I see another new Clarence Thomas bribery scandal, I picture him as

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

8 Likes

3 Likes
2 Likes

Another take:

4 Likes

Even 10 hrs of a crowd laughing can’t cover this absurd notion…

For Kavanaugh fans:

5 Likes

obligatory

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

10 Likes

“A lot of these tax rules were developed in an era where there were a few millionaires and the tiniest number of billionaires,” Crawford said, “and now there are many. This is becoming a more visible problem.”

Blinding.

Blinded-by-the-light GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

11 Likes

Always declare your SCOTUS bribery – It’s tax deductible!

5 Likes