SCOTUS Shenanigans Watch

2 Likes

wHy Am I tHe BaD gUy??!!1!
Fuck You, Fascist!

6 Likes

The legislation would face long odds to win passage on the Senate floor, where it would need some Republican support to advance. And it appears to have little chance to get through the Republican-led House of Representatives

It’s the thought that counts. /s

eta

3 Likes

… on TV again this evening

6 Likes

Flowing from the SC decision.

9 Likes

Interesting, if only a surface take:

9 Likes
2 Likes

I mean, if you already piss on the Constitution professionally, what’s another squirt?

6 Likes

I’m on t’other side of the pond, but I read Popehat and Lessig so I’ve got some USA civics knowledge.

Isn’t each of the 3 pillars kept in check by the other 2? Isn’t that in black-and-white in the papers these Originalists cream themselves over?

6 Likes

It takes ⅔ of the Senate to remove anybody from office, which means ⅓ of one party has to vote to remove their own guy, which they will never do

It looks good on paper but it just doesn’t work :unamused:

5 Likes

Congress has changed the size of the Supreme Court several times. If Sammy was being honest- he would have to call for several Justices to be kicked off. They also used to be required to ride the circuit- individual justices had to hear cases around the country. And Congress decides when the court will hear cases - and delayed them from meeting for 14 months once.

They also control the courts budget. They can control all of it except the justices salaries.

Yeah - Sammy has delusions of grandeur here.

11 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/R/R47382

3 Likes

Alito: Misogynist? Bigot? Limited reasoning abilities? Perfectly-brainwashed Conservative tool? I don’t know. You figure it out.

1 Like

Somebody has been talking with Ginni…

4 Likes

Hey Donnie - you don’t have to use your campaign’s funds to pay for your personal legal expenses.

You’re a billionaire- you can pay for your own lawyer.

5 Likes

A new fund-raising e-mail from Donald J. Trump is offering donors the “unique chance” to serve prison time for the former President.

“Jack So-Called Smith and the Biden Justice Department want to put Your Favorite President Behind Bars!” the appeal, which was sent to millions of Trump supporters, reads. “For a Limited Time Only, You Can Go in My Place!!!”

According to a campaign spokesman, Trump donors are lining up in substantial numbers to serve time in prison for him. “This offer is doing even better than the Trump N.F.T.s,” the campaign worker said.

The success of the appeal, however, has raised concern that the demand for Trump prison slots could overwhelm supply. “Hopefully, there will be some more indictments soon,” the spokesman said.

1 Like

/me clicks

whew Borowitz.

6 Likes

I knew it must be satire when there was not mention of a demand the donors pay him for the privilege of signing up to serve his prison time. Trump wouldn’t give that away for free

13 Likes