I have issues with Garland too.
He… seems… such a letdown.
:woman_shrugging:
Meantime, what was Obama thinking… / rhetorical

:pray:t4:

Good point!

Ok. That is awful to contemplate.

7 Likes

i do think, for the sake of all of us, i can imagine a few justices who could stand to retire. any reason, they can’t go first? why should she have to give up her role, when they cling so tightly and cause such significant harm?

8 Likes

I get his argument… BUT, she’s the 3 older person on the court, both Thomas and Alito are older than she is, yet no one is writing essays to get them to retire?

13 Likes

She’s in no way old for a Justice. And women live longer. Her mother died in 2021 at 94. And had a rougher life than she did.

RBG was older and very sick. It would have been much more reasonable to call for her to retire.

9 Likes

:100:

The part I seek to avoid, or I sense we seek to avoid, is having another opportunity for the Project 2025 crowd / fascists etc. to damage what is clearly already an impaired SCOTUS.

What are the ages of Supreme Court justices in 2024?

Justice Thomas, 75.
Justice Alito, 73.
Justice Sotomayor, 69.
Chief Justice Roberts, 69.
Justice Kagan, 63.
Justice Kavanaugh, 58.
Justice Gorsuch, 56.
Justice Jackson, 53.

source

So yes o Mindysan, you are spot-on.

It is altogether apparent that Clarence Thomas is gonna ride the now-obvious gravy (or perhaps grifty) train until the last minute, because it’s all working for him.

As for any speculation re: the total lifespan of Samuel Alito…

His mother died at age 98.

His father died at age 73.

:woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Diminished longevity is clearly Y chromosome based. :wink:

9 Likes

and honestly. if she were still on the court today, she’d be doing a better, more honest, job than some of her former colleagues. even despite her current… predicament

6 Likes

Florida man sentenced to 14 months in prison for threatening to kill Chief Justice John Roberts

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/02/politics/florida-man-sentenced-threatening-john-roberts/index.html

4 Likes

Now do the same for the Florida Man who threatened President Biden. I even have his address:

1100 S Ocean Blvd
Palm Beach, FL 33480

11 Likes

ha! you can’t fool me. that address isn’t allowed to be used as a residence!

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

10 Likes
8 Likes
10 Likes
11 Likes
9 Likes

He’s cutting Leo Leonard’s grass.

7 Likes

Has anyone asked John Oliver?

13 Likes

“Chief Justice John Roberts said in court that Thomas “is not on the bench today” but would “participate fully” in the two cases being argued based on the briefs and transcripts.”

He doesn’t need the evidence to make up his mind.

9 Likes
14 Likes

Angry Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX

7 Likes
16 Likes