SCOTUS Shenanigans Watch

Amy Coney Barrett Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

You’d think that’d be the case with any case involving Jan. 6th, but here we are…

8 Likes

With Ginny and Jan6th, there is a fig leaf of separation. If the justices themselves are defendants, the fig leaf is gone.

Speaking of which, it seems like a tactical error that Smith didn’t charge Ginny as a co-conspirator. Sure, it wouldn’t earn him any good will from Thomas, but there was never any there to begin with.

8 Likes

Christian Bale Idk GIF

Kombucha No But GIF

I guess he didn’t feel like had enough evidence to back that up and would just end up being on the wrong side of the court if he did that?

8 Likes

A Legal Scholar Explains Why Trump’s Immunity Argument Is Bogus

Well sure, we know that, and I suspect all 9 of the Supremes do too.

What I think actually matters is not the question itself, but rather how the conservative members can use the question to grant Tromp yet another delay, by pretending to take the question seriously, and thereby “needing” to spend a lot of time hashing out an answer.

And to the extent that’s true, the corporate media are doing their usual lame ass job of refusing to point out that the emperor has no clothes.

10 Likes

Yeah, I get it. They are all way more chummy than I’d like and the liberal justices stand up surprisingly to defend their conservative colleagues even as they work to turn our democracy into a Christofascist oligarchy.

9 Likes

Yeah, I think at this point, we certainly can’t depend on them to defend the law, so we’ll have to do it ourselves and hopefully get rid of some of the far right members in the next couple of years and replace them with some better justices… and maybe push through some term limits while we’re at it.

6 Likes

Judicial immunity would probably prevent that regarding their decisions.

7 Likes

:clap:

10 Likes

Clinton: Supreme Court doing ‘grave disservice’ in not deciding Trump immunity

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4653632-hillary-clinton-supreme-court-trump-immunity/

Clinton said on Wednesday that the American people ought to have an answer about whether Trump is guilty in the federal election interference case and in the other cases before they head to the polls in November to decide whether to send him back to the White House.

“Justice delayed is justice denied,” Clinton said. “And the people in our country, it looks as though will most likely go to vote without knowing the outcome of these other very serious trials.”

11 Likes
11 Likes

Cool. Time to Repo Man Thomas’ RV. After all, I’m pretty sure it was used in a crime! (Actually, it might have been.)

14 Likes
16 Likes

What The Fuck Wtf GIF by Studios 2016

11 Likes

NYT paywalled.

10 Likes

Does his wife hang out with Ginny?

10 Likes

I am shook. The Supreme Court saved the CFPB yesterday. 4 of the conservatives joined the 3 liberals and saved it. One of those conservatives wrote the majority opinion. Clarence fucking Thomas sided with the liberals to save the CFPB. Alito and Gorsuch dissented. Their dissent was nonsense, and Thomas actually called out their nonsense. Broken clock and all that, I guess.

14 Likes

I guess it’s opposite day? That is flat-out weird. Still assholes, though, yeah.

13 Likes

Asshole. A jury wouldn’t believe that weak ass excuse, Sammy.

14 Likes

My gast is flabbered! :flushed:

14 Likes

Throwing his wife under the bus. Classy. Even Clarence Thomas hasn’t done that, and he very easily could.

14 Likes