Sean Hannity says U.S. should give the U.N. to China, which Russia's Vladimir Putin also believes

My opinion of Harvard sinks now lower than ever, their business school, their law school. I’d never send my kids there, and I’d look with caution upon anyone that has this specific ‘pedigree’ on their CV.

2 Likes

It’s awful you had to write that. I have spent some of the best times of my life in the US, at university, working and as a tourist. I have met so many great people, felt the allure of the American dream and see just what America can achieve for good when it puts its mind to it.

But the last few years have been like watching an old friend turn their back; the current leadership of the US isn’t just less interested in the rest of the world, it is actively resentful, bullying and hostile to us. The friendships, often bought in American blood, mean nothing to the current generation of Republicans and that is a huge betrayal of the young men and women who fought to restore liberty in Europe.

We’re still here for individual Americans, because we know there are millions who are looking in fear and bewilderment at what their country has become. But our residual admiration for America is declining fast. Come back - we miss you.

11 Likes

Vlad, is that you?
putin laughing

Don’t forget all the treasury bonds they bought. https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/040115/reasons-why-china-buys-us-treasury-bonds.asp

There is still a lot of gratitude that I don’t have to live there.

1 Like

Very interesting. So, Putin wants this too. Will we-are-so-fucked wonders never cease.

2 Likes

Yeah, but that whole Brexit thing would put a damper on any international government from wanting to invest there.

A European city would make sense. Bonn?

Well, the UN already has quite a presence there, and Bonn has room to scale that up…

3 Likes

Switzerland finally joined the UN in 2002. Given their long history of neutrality and experience with hosting international organizations, Geneva or Bern should be on the short list.

1 Like

Montreal or Vancouver (BC) might welcome the UN, but personally I’m rooting for Regina, Sask. to become the new home of the UN.

2 Likes

NEXT: a referendum to Brexit from the UN

2 Likes

Switzerland didn’t join the UN until this century? That, and their stance and behaviors during that fucked up situation in the late 1930s and early 1940s, should disqualify any Swiss city.

They already own him.

BTW since when is the UN the USA’s to give to any country? It’s an international non-government organization with hundreds of countries paying into it.

4 Likes

One deal at a time - take him home and we’ll
Discuss the rest of this next year.

3 Likes

Sorry, I don’t allow toxic assholes into my home. Also, we have our quota for Canada already. Your massive surplus isn’t our problem. :mask:

1 Like

“The City That Rhymes With Fun!”

Curb your denigration.

The problem with Bonn is that it is quite small and boring. Apparently international diplomats hated it there when it was still the capital.

For something as huge as the UN HQ you really want an international city with a central location in the world’s air routes. That’s not Köln-Bonn-Airport, and it’s not Geneva either.

1 Like

Not being a full member didn’t stop Switzerland from participating in many UN institutions.

Not being a full member didn’t stop Switzerland from hosting many UN institutions, including the WHO.

3 Likes

You mean their already existing headquarters in Geneva?

https://www.unog.ch/

1 Like