Secret recording of weeping children begging for their parents while a Border Patrol official mocks them

I believe that the names and salaries of federal employees are a matter of public record. We just need to crowdsource photos, phone numbers, and home addresses. The next step would be to pamphlet their neighborhoods with this information.

1 Like

What a sad, sad story. There are so many things wrong with the situation, not least of which is the long-term harm being caused to these kids:

Such a situation could have long-term, devastating effects on young children, who are likely to develop what is called toxic stress in their brain once separated from caregivers or parents they trusted. It disrupts a child’s brain development and increases the levels of fight-or-flight hormones in their bodies, Kraft said. This kind of emotional trauma could eventually lead to health problems, such as heart disease and substance abuse disorders.

5 Likes

Really hoping there’s some crimes against humanity trials in this admin’s future.

2 Likes

People have become so sick so fast I can’t… I don’t want to live in this world anymore. What are we now? I’ve lost faith in humanity.

1 Like

At least one already has.

4 Likes

I have little to no hope of that.

1 Like

I have no idea why this is buried in the WaPo lifestyle section.

I think that the ProPublica recording should be the only response to anything said by the Trump administration. As soon as Sanders, Sessions, Nielsen, Kelly, Trump, et al open their mouths,everyone in the vicinity with any humanity left should start playing the recording as loud as possible.

It is also my hope that someday, that recording will become a soundtrack for their lives, played endlessly in the barren cages where they will be kept.

8 Likes

Out of all that horror, I’m very happy for this bit of luck.

10 Likes

I’ve been thinking the same since this started and now I’ve started openly saying it. Ordinarily, Im against doxxing, but if anybody genuinely ‘has it coming’ it’s these heartless fucks…

12 Likes

They’re committing crimes against humanity. It’s our duty as citizens to fight the Enemy Domestic.

5 Likes

I read somewhere yesterday that protesters were obstructing the exits for workers at one of the ICE locations; and one of their complaints was that the workers wanted to get home to their families.

I was like:

11 Likes

I read that, too. To say irony is lost on those ICE employees is a massive understatement.

8 Likes

The only way some people ever seem to give a fuck is if they are directly and negatively impacted themselves.

6 Likes

Not a site I’m very familiar with but there are a few arguments presented here:

1. They can’t detain single women travelling with children. If they can separate the children and try to send them off to family members or wherever, they can detain their mothers.
  2. Concentrating detainees near the border means they will have less access to representation and will be processed through courts that are more likely to deny them entry than if they went further north and could access more liberal courts and be dispersed to access community services and legal aid.
  3. They will use this as a bargaining chip to get congress to pay for the wall.
    https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/06/19/elizabeth-warren-says-lets-be-clear-trump-holding-thousands-kids-hostage-try-and-get
1 Like

being the dark-skinned father of a light-skinned toddler with blonde hair and blue eyes, I have been the subject of much scrutiny from the public. I fear his tantrums when public, as they ostensibly draw the attention of well-meaning ignorance.

I have considered how I would approach said circumstance if such attention came from law-enforcement, or some well-meaning racist… Say, in an emergency situation, where I was unable to prove fatherhood.

Still have not decided.

8 Likes

The rhesus monkeys Harlow.

My bad for not following up with a full check on the Orphanage study.
But, here’s this if you follow on:
Albers, Lisa H. Johnson, Dana E., and Hostetter, Margaret K. “Health of Children Adopted from the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe: Comparison with Preadoptive Medical Records.” Journal of the Medical Association 278.11 (1997): 922-924.

and

and

4 Likes

I couldn’t possibly eat the amount I want to vomit right now.

Coming up soon: personnel at a Protection detention facility suing the protesters outside the facility for suffering emotional trauma from the protests.
Just regular guys, doing their job, following orders.

1 Like

I listened to the audio on Propublica yesterday.
Then I threw up.

But the immigration is good for the American economy, regardless.

And children are going to die in these camps.

4 Likes