Secretary of State says Trump's values are not America's

For ten years I thought that was just a quote from The Wire.

4 Likes

Um, pretty much all of the POtuS’ appointments to well, pretty much every official position filled so far.

5 Likes

Keep reviling.

He deliberately annihilated the State Department, and he is more individually responsible for climate change than possibly any other human on the planet.

He’s also likely working for Putin.

23 Likes

Could this be Tillerson’s way of hinting that he’d be a perfectly competent person to keep around after the purge when President Pence is sworn in?

16 Likes

It is possible that there are a lot of really disgusted people-in-high-place out there who, if they were sufficiently brave (and willing to put country ahead of party), could kick loose the rock holding back an avalanche of condemnation.

11 Likes

No, not possible.

2 Likes

All that’s left now is the release of the pee tape.

6 Likes

I know what you mean, but don’t many of the appointees have some ethos – albeit not one you or I might agree with?

I have the feeling that however corrupt or uncaring they may be, many of them have a limit, and that there’s a filtering going on, concentrating the nastiness.

2 Likes

Tillerson is misdirecting. Trumpito speaks for the entire executive branch because that is what embodies the president. That means he speaks for Tillerson too. As long as Tillerson sticks around, he’s signalling that he agrees with the president - actions not words.

13 Likes

It’s possible, but… I’ll believe it when I see it. They need to act, and the sooner the better.

5 Likes

I wonder how the moderates who chose to vote for 45 view this?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/kassandraseven/status/901584323916201985

7 Likes

Exactly. But the general shift in standards is dangerous.

5 Likes

Helllooo? Her emails?

4 Likes

They aren’t moderates, and never were. They’re less enthusiastic or less overt fascists.

2 Likes

“The President speaks for himself, Chris.”

That’s all very laudable as a sentiment, albeit a bit late, but it’s factually wrong; the head of state does, in fact, speak for the country and everyone in it. That’s kind of the whole point of having an head of state.

9 Likes

There was a large percentage of Bernie supporters who voted for Trump. I think they were moderates by our political standards.

That’s the point. America’s political standards are broken.

6 Likes

I disagree. Someone who claimed to support Bernie but voted for Il Douche was not actually a Bernie supporter, they were just a a “burn-it-down” supporter who didn’t actually give a damn about Bernie’s platform.

12 Likes

He actually speaks rather intelligently and with a certain conviction. I’m always surprised when I hear him that I can actually listen to what he says without flipping off the station (or the speaker).

4 Likes