Sen. Kennedy scowls on Black woman in SCOTUS: nominee should know 'a law book from a J.Crew catalog'

Its amazing how quickly Democrats can act if they just tell Republicans to go fuck themselves and not worry so much about “people on the fence”. Especially since Republicans have consolidated into a purely white supremacist fascist party with no pretensions of adherence to democratic norms or rule of law.

5 Likes

im actually all for that.

biden declaring what he’s going to do, and sticking to it is good. white people need to learn to talk about race, privilege, and all the associated issues. going out of his way to preannounce: im picking a black woman - it gives people practice.

the left never should have backed down from things like affirmative action. they should have found better ways of explaining what it meant and why it mattered.

that’s the only way to progress

(eta)

yeah, exactly

5 Likes

It doesn’t matter what you want; you won’t vote for them anyway, so who GAFF what you want.

Then there’s this jackass:

Y’know, Rafael… you, of all people, shouldn’t be kowtowing to the White Supremecists… the fact that you are lying about ‘what Biden is saying’ is a given.

And you demonstrated your scientific acumen by talking about chromosomes.
Here’s a hint, Sparky:
one sex doesn’t have a Y chromosome… so you are saying the ‘wrong’ Y chromosome is the one that isn’t there! Nice job of concealing your sexism,
Of course, you are counting on your drooling supporters to know nothing of such things, and to be impressed by using your Superior Knowledge of Science to own the libs.

6 Likes

Why him, “of all people?” Do you think Cruz isn’t white? Because he’s white. His grandfather was born on the Canary Islands, a part of Spain. There are Hispanic people who are white, which is why that question is always there in demographic sections of applications.

4 Likes

So who do we blame for this?
Sen. Numbnuts? Or the numbnuts who voted for him?
And why is Putin waiting to attack us? – because there has never been a better time for him to do so.

Yes It Is GIF

4 Likes

I was relieved to see that was intended as satire. If it had been an editorial published in the New York Times it most likely would have been meant unironically.

8 Likes

Hell yes, it’s satire. Penned by (IMHO) the greatest satirist of the time. Alexandra Petri is the reason I subscribe to the Washington Post.

4 Likes

He just can’t hide his racism.

2 Likes

No no you’re mistaken, John said it to Tom. It wasn’t johnEightThirty who said it. It was a different John entirely.

5 Likes

Thanks, I feel better about the whole thing now.

:neutral_face:

9 Likes

Was he trying, though? It seems this kind of thing is a feature, not a bug when it comes to that group.

I’m just surprised he did not find a way to work some pearl-clutching about Michelle’s exposed guns (a scandal that rose to the level of feet on the desk, latte salutes and tan suits, mind you) into that at the same time.

2 Likes

Just an everyday Republican being themselves. Think on that.

2 Likes

But the constitution was written by white men. Surely it can only be upheld by white men. /s

On a more serious note though, surely there’s nothing in the constitution nor any of its amendments that could be worth challenging… Not that it’s the SC’s role to do that but the idea that the constitution is some fixed truth or set of unerring moral documents is a fallacy.

2 Likes

He plays a moron on TV, but he’s worse. He was a smart academician and a law professor. He absolutely knows that anti-intellctualism plays well. He is much worse than actual idiots in congress, he knows what’s best for people in the country, but won’t do it because he wants himself and other wrong people to be in power.

3 Likes

To smear one of Biden’s nominees as a communist he pretended not to understand that all children in the Soviet Union were members of the Young Communists.

Her nomination was withdrawn.

7 Likes

Well, you are 3/5 correct. :wink:

7 Likes

Nominate Michelle Obama just to mess with them.

More qualified than the last 2 picks anyway.

7 Likes

With the explanation: Gosh, I hadn’t been thinking of her at the beginning of this process, but something about that mention of J. Crew made her pop up in my mind. Thanks for the suggestion!

11 Likes

I understand that.
The point being, White Supremecists won’t tend to see past his surname & would regard him as a useful idiot at best. I’ve known a few of those critters over the years, & they weren’t real big on making distinctions such as white/non-white Hispanic.

3 Likes