Senate rejects GOP effort to repeal Obamacare without a replacement

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/07/26/senate-rejects-gop-effort-to-r.html

7 Likes

Good news?

I never know anymore these days; before I even have time to process any info, there’s suddenly more developments and a bunch of people pontificating all about it, as if they actually have any more of a clue than anyone else who isn’t part of TPTB.

Hell, I’m not even sure if ‘the powers that be’ really have any idea what’s really going on, either.

I’m so damn tired…

21 Likes

A Lili Von Shtupp reference?

14 Likes

Always.

At least Lili always knew who she was getting fucked by at any given point, and why.

36 Likes

Is McCain a hero again now?

3 Likes

No. Never.
But he made the right choice in his vote today.

23 Likes

Nope; even a broken clock is still correct twice a day.

16 Likes

I don’t even know anymore. Even if it is good news there’s still an Oompa Loompa in the White House, so it’s not like we’re in the clear anyway.

9 Likes

It’s hard to read this as anything other than a GOP admission that the ACA was and remains better than nothing.

I’m sure they’ll find a way to spin it otherwise though.

14 Likes

But the rest of the day, that clock is still broken.

4 Likes

This what happens when your entire policy is “get the Black guy out of office at any cost,” or “Undo everything the Black guy did.”

Being against everything except tax cuts for the ultra-wealthy isn’t a viable way to govern.

Exactly, and that’s why McCain is still not “a hero.”

15 Likes

Not if it’s a digital one :wink:

6 Likes

14 Likes

Sorry, couldn’t stop myself :slight_smile:

9 Likes

So, now that the Senate has taken up and REKT what the house has been obsessed with for the last several years, maybe they can move on now?

Maybe? PLEASE???

1 Like

Move on? So they can wreck other things?

No – my dream is that for the rest of Trumpkin’s term, they get so obsessed with killing the AHCA that they fail to “accomplish” anything else.

21 Likes

These TGOP fuckers love to wallow in their own mud.

5 Likes

I’ll believe McConnell isn’t just doing theater with the votes before holding the vote he’s been planning all along when it’s dead and buried. Seriously, he’s counted votes, right? He knows the final outcome? Because you can’t be that dumb and make it into a leadership pos…oh, wait. Nevermind.

11 Likes

He knew it before the votes, yes.

Several senators had to prove they did all they could, to their paymasters. So they had a moot vote.

9 Likes

I mostly agree, but I’m still hoping that Congress uses this opportunity to reclaim some of the powers it ceded to the Executive over the years.

3 Likes