Senator James Risch is so kooky he thinks President Biden is controlled by someone with a wireless device

Originally published at: Senator James Risch is so kooky he thinks President Biden is controlled by someone with a wireless device | Boing Boing

8 Likes

As if Biden would have a wireless receiver, or even the necessary buses to hardwire one in post-hoc. My mans is old is what I’m saying.

17 Likes

Checks… Yes, he’s still on the United States Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

38 Likes

I daresay that committee is insufficiently select.

47 Likes

I’m definitely afraid for Americans

29 Likes

Senate decorum blah blah blah. The only appropriate response: “I’m sorry Senator, but are you insane?”

35 Likes

Solving for multiple values of “intelligence”

18 Likes

And Boris picking up ideas. His mum just died apparently. He won’t give a shit

1 Like

Ha ha ha, that’s RISCH!!!

And also, I’d like one of those devices.

5 Likes

Time to reread Interface by Stephen Bury (Neal Stephenson & J Frederic George).
Chip implanted in presidential candidate’s brain, not directly controlled but influenced by dials set by a focus group.

6 Likes

For reference the senator is probably referring to things like this. Which really, looks to me like a technical glitch or a staffer hitting the wrong button.

Of course the senator was so fixated on the suggestion that Biden’s communications were being directly managed that he forgot to clearly explain what he was talking about.

13 Likes

What are you smoking senator, and can I have some?

8 Likes

Snl Bananas GIF by Saturday Night Live

30 Likes

“Are you sure? It was widely reported. Hell, I just stated it three times, myself!”

30 Likes

Or intelligent.

19 Likes

With all due respect Mr Risch, you are a fucking moron.

12 Likes

This stuff is all over the right-wing media, even the relatively “sane” outlets like Fox News, the Daily Mail, the NY Post (sane relative to OANN and similar). So Risch’s audience (the MAGA base) knows exactly what he’s talking about.

5 Likes

Wait, what? The right thinks Biden is being wirelessly controlled? He’s a literal - not figurative - but a LITERAL puppet? Is that what they are claiming???

I… have no further words. What the fuck do we even SAY to that level of gas lighting bullshit??? Holy… just… fuck…

15 Likes

no, not literal. the claim is that Biden is being ‘cut off’ early as to not gaffe or show anger towards reporters when he goes off script.

12 Likes

This is the equivalent of sharing those inane social media posts that say Bill Gates will give a quarter for every forward. “I mean, it’s probably not true, but what if it is and we didn’t do anything?”

2 Likes