Senator James Risch is so kooky he thinks President Biden is controlled by someone with a wireless device

I mean, he’s got the vaccine microchip, so it should be easy!

4 Likes

This is probably why whenever I speak to someone who watches these channels I have no idea what they are even on about. I keep saying, “Wait, what? No, back up. What? You’re not joking?” etc.

2 Likes

You’d think after 5-6 years or more of this right wing gaslighting and disinformation, the White House might have someone whose job it is to watch the wingnut news sources, and compile a list of the dumb crap they’re getting the gullible to believe and repeat on social media, so they can craft clever responses to this BS. Blinken should have been prepped with a swift and ass-kicking take-down of this stupidity.

8 Likes

“Senator, when did you stop beating your wife?”

1 Like

This is standard procedure. The part of the event that the press was invited to was over and the meeting needed to go forward privately. They should have cut him off before he said ‘can I ask you a quick question before we start’, if anything. But basically, the public part was done and the private part was about to start. Every president does this.

10 Likes

Oh I worded it poorly; I didn’t mean to imply it was accidental. I get that it was a pool spray, I’m just saying that now that this idea that Biden is being “handled” is out there they need to refrain from adding fuel to it.

4 Likes

Whoever had the job of cutting off Trump’s speeches when he was saying something stupid was not very good at it. Is this accusation anything more than the Republicans just being incredulous that a leader could be something other than embarrassing? The way they played this game with Obama was to accuse him of only being able to read off a teleprompter.

2 Likes

I think that is definitely the definition of an oxymoron.

“ i wish someone would demand they provide names.”
“Lots of people, great people, the best. I have these biggliest people coming up to me all the time and saying things. Great things”

1 Like

Well, you know, they need a P10 sample for the intelligence spectrum.

3 Likes

And, so what if they’re cutting off the live stream? There are still people and reporters there. It’s not like when the live feed goes off Biden suddenly deactivates and they haul his Hall of Presidents animatronic carcass back to his Idaho hotel room for rewiring.

OR DO THEY?!?!? :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

This is what’s so effing maddening about Democratic leaders. They continue to behave as if the present battle between reality and lunacy is a simple disagreement between two groups of decent folks who deep down inside want to do the right thing. They refuse to acknowledge the Right’s deliberate poisoning of discourse and its nurturing of stupidity and paranoia in their target electorate. Even much-admired Jean Psaki responds to a Fox stooge’s loaded bullshit questions as if they were legitimate queries.

Until prominent Dem figures (president, press secretary, VP, you know) start coming out and saying, “What you just said is utter bullshit and you should be ashamed of yourself to have said it,” weaponized ignorance will continue to pay. This is assuming that the propaganda war can still be won. With virtually all media controlled by fascist, libertarian, and center-right opinion shapers, it may already be too late.

5 Likes

I think if the Dem’s did that, the Q-R response would be

a - why are they avoiding my questions?
&
b- they’re so uncivilized and rude!

and the hardcore republicans would keep falling for the bullshit, bc it ties into their worldview. Their voters don’t seem to really care about truth, facts, honesty, integrity, public decorum, science, etc.

2 Likes

My god I hope he never sees the news cut to another story or a commercial break. Then he’ll know for sure Biden has the ability to wink in and out of existence entirely

3 Likes

Malkovich.

4 Likes

…quietly lowers BiFi controller & tiptoes out of the room…

3 Likes

Who’s on first?

Remote control for President Biden, now for sale for 99.5% off in the boingboing store!

4 Likes

he’ll know for sure Biden has the ability to wink in and out of existence entirely

Shh…don’t let him hear you. He still thinks that a tiny Biden lives inside his TV.

3 Likes

Wireless? Pshaw. The wires are clearly visible. /s

2 Likes

I am amazed that Blinken managed to stay calm during that exchange.
I would have lost it, early on…

Just once, I would like to see a response like:
'Senator, with all due respect, what the FUCK are you talking about? Have you lost your mind? Or did you even have a mind to lose in the first place?
'To even ask such an idiotic question speaks volumes about your profound ignorance of the subject, as well as your lack of competence to be on this committee, much less hold elective office.
‘Please go sit in the back of the room & drink a big glass of STFU, so you don’t embarass the fine citizens of your State further…’

Hey, ‘all due respect’, amirite?

2 Likes