Senators vote Yes to Brett

Still political. Unless the dems take a 2/3 majority (which is not possible this time around) the facts will not matter much. He did lie under oath, absolutely. He won’t be removed until 2020 at the least, and we will have to see what new disasters have risen up to arrest our attention by then. I suspect this will be normalized old news by the time that rolls around.

4 Likes

But won’t the current owners charge a hefty markup if he wants to buy them back?

4 Likes

18 Likes

I thought the vote was later but I guess it cam le down 51-49 already.

I was about to say… wasn’t this just the cloture vote… me and my daughter were listening a bit while we were out and about today.

Personally, I think it will come down to a tie, with Pence breaking it, with Flake and Manchin voting in favor, Murkowski against, and maybe Collins.

Any reason why you think that? Seems to me he’s going to do what he normally does and go along with the party…

8 Likes

They’re spineless cowards, so they won’t do that.

6 Likes

nothing more than desperate hope. I really have no observational evidence that suggests he will be a no.

EDIT: CNN just reported that Flake has confirmed he will vote yes. Collins also had lunch with GOP leaders and those same people are saying they are now confident of this vote going through.

3 Likes

Your gif stands and pretty much has stood for the default gif since November 2016.

6 Likes

leslie-jones-yelling

8 Likes

and of course even if flake or collins change heir minds…we still have to reply on manchin who is technically a swing vote.

2 Likes

donnie darko?

1 Like

I can’t find it now because it was a few days ago, and Twitter is ephemeral as it is eternal, but someone posted a video of a conference call with Manchin supporters where they repeatedly pressed him to vote against Kavanaugh because of his blatant political leanings on issues from abortion to union rights. Manchin did nothing but deflect and talk about how he needed to wait for the FBI investigation. I was profoundly unimpressed.

Everything I’ve seen suggests that he, Collins, Murkowski, and Flake have been working together to act Very Concerned about the nominee, the process, the allegations, etc.,with the intention of using the farce of an FBI “investigation” that we got as an excuse to all be cowards who will vote together to confirm him, so that none of them can be individually held responsible for being the “deciding vote” that pushed him across the finish line.

That said, Murkowski’s conscience seems to be desperately trying to assert itself:

so I guess anything could still happen.

4 Likes

Failing that, you know what else can be found in the woods:

3 Likes

Another argument to get the whole nest of them out there pronto!

1 Like

Collins is speaking and she is just holding onto Dr. Ford’s story cannot be believed. She hasn’t said yet I will vote YES on Kavanaugh…but she is clearly going to say that after she is done stumping.

I agree with @bb4me in “She needs to be voted out” Its not just her…all of them. every GOP person…out.

The vote should be NO for Kavanaugh…and it isn’t about Dr. Ford. Just look at how he reacted to her accusations and how he acted to being questioned.

They keep talking about the ugly process. Its fine for it to be ugly…ugly processes bring out the truth in people. You saw EXACTLY WHO KAVANAUGH IS.

She’s saying how metoo is real and it needs to be taken seriously. And listen to survivors. Well…awesome hollow words because you just told one woman that her story doesn’t mean shit, and the person who she believes committed it beyond any doubt can be a SCJ.

6 Likes

here’s the thing though, we didn’t need Ford to come forward at all, there is already a recording of Kava in his own voice trying to force a child to carry a pregnancy to term by legally tying her up as long as possible, past 20 weeks despite her clear right to immediately terminate and limit the trauma as much as possible - he actually had to be overruled to stop him from forcing her

that’s 100% immediately disqualifying, it’s in his own voice and clear as day and clearly indicates what his views on Roe are and then likely birth control - it’s why the hard right DESPERATELY wants him on the court

you don’t need anything else, the fact he was a Bush operative and worked to first try to give presidential power for torture and then cover up the already taken actions are just icing on the cake

then there is the fact he lies almost as much as Trump

this country is pretty much doomed now, it’s going to be one court challenge after another removing rights and put us back into the 1950s

marriage equality is definitely not safe either but that pales compared to how women are going to eventually suffer from his placement

my gawd Collins is just disgusting, just digging deep into the party lies

6 Likes

Collins has announced she will vote to confirm.
So has Flake. We’re fucked.

Not exactly…I think they just sealed that the “blue wave” coming in November and in 2020 is going to be a Blue Tsunami now.

1 Like

And Manchin follows right along. I am so freaking tired of being right.

7 Likes

Between Collins and Manchin announcing their intent to vote yes, it’s all over, folks.

3 Likes