Shall we try this again? Questions to be asked?

Or better yet,
would a D suffice
for “I tried DAMN hard”?

2 Likes

Isn’t it helpful, when faced with a long thread, to meditate on the ages old question, “How does one eat an elephant?”

2 Likes

It all depends on which
“side” of the elephant
one is next too,
wouldn’t you agree?

2 Likes

Inside or outside?

Now that you are warmed up, maybe you would like to try this thread?

1 Like

So this thread hasn’t turned into the Weather Channel…?

3 Likes

What have you got against meteorology?

2 Likes

Hhmmm, is this a test?
Isn’t the thread locked?
What am I not getting??

2 Likes

Probably nothing? But isn’t it glorious? Did the pioneers of yore not plumb the depths of the gravest trenches, seeking greatness? Are we not to them as small children, dipping our toes into the vast, restless ocean of questions?

2 Likes

When one dips one’s toes
in such vastness,
does one still think of
greatness?
Or does one, indeed, rather
think of one’s ignorance?

2 Likes

Can I take “My entire body” for $500?

5 Likes

Wouldn’t I send you mine for use as a summer home if the shipping wasn’t prohibitively expensive?

And anyway, didn’t I already promise it to that nice Mrs. Lovett and Mr. Todd down the street?

Have you tried their pies?

3 Likes

LOL……but seriously, should I go out and do some snow shoveling now, or should I wait a little while for a few more inches to come down?

Doesn’t “The City of Minneapolis has declared a Snow Emergency” sound so much more impressive than its true meaning of You need to move your cars around so we can get the streets plowed ? And don’t I laugh in a light and carefree manner, because I have no car?

4 Likes

Don’t I grin at the idea of 2 inches being a snow emergency in Seattle?
Don’t I then remember how it usually has a layer of ice underneath and there are hills here that would make you go fuck it not worth it in good weather?

2 Likes

No car to move to a blue street after shoveling? My, hasn’t mass transit in the Cities improved greatly since I was a kid?

2 Likes

Wouldn’t I say that some of the transit is better and some is worse, depending where you live and where you’re going? Haven’t they made some routes “high frequency” with buses every 10 minutes which is great, while others have been made less frequent and stops have been eliminated? Aren’t they always tweaking something, so you’d better be on your toes? But don’t I mainly use my toes for walking or putting into the toe clips on my bike, anyway?

2 Likes

Have we reached maximum assholery among the political class yet? If not, is there any hope at all for us?

2 Likes

Could things get even more full of assholes? Should we tempt fate by even asking?

3 Likes

How about…no?

3 Likes

Wait, no to which question?

3 Likes

All of them?

1 Like