'Shame!' DHS Sec. Nielsen shouted down at Mexican restaurant, exits to loud protests

(For those not up on their traditional Icelandic cuisine, that’s shark, fermented in old man’s piss, then buried for some months.)

13 Likes

It might be time to emigrate out of the US because who the fuck knows which group they’re going after next but i’m not sure where you’d go since so many countries seem to be veering toward fascism.

7 Likes

I bow to your culinary expertise.

“Chef Anthony Bourdain described kæstur hákarl as “the single worst, most disgusting and terrible tasting thing” he has ever eaten.”

13 Likes

Rachel Maddow just broke down crying as she closed her show trying to read the just released AP report that they’re keeping toddlers in diapers separated in three “tender care” centers.

Effin prisons for babies- this asshole Trumlp needs to be thrown physically out of office and sent to The Hague.

36 Likes

If you’ve ever had tamales salvadoreños, you would welcome all Salvadorans to our country with open arms … whole chicken legs … so creamy.

4 Likes

Feck that, I hope her butt-hurt never heals so long as she remains a cretinous asshole.

5 Likes

Or maybe we can be lucky and she skips the fish and just has the lye.

2 Likes

The Republican strategy has long been to promote the truly insane in order to make the merely outrageous seem tame by comparison.

18 Likes

The Geneva Conventions are rules that apply only in times of armed conflict and seek to protect people who are not or are no longer taking part in hostilities;

I’m afraid that she’s not covered.

5 Likes

And surströmming for El Cheeto.

4 Likes

Right!

And if I recall from reading Anthony Bourdain, a large % of kitchen staff is immigrant, legal or otherwise. Iranians, Latino, Indian, Filipino, etc., regardless of the restaurant’s cuisine. At least keep the feckless c*%ts wondering.

Much more shaming required.

4 Likes

She probably prefers a more modest proposal type of pie.

5 Likes

That’s just cruel, and totally appropriate.

4 Likes

With the result, now, that their followers are taking them up on the truly insane.

5 Likes

“Mein Fuhrer, the Death Camps are running at maximum capacity!”

“What? You’ve actually built those things? I was just putting that out there so that people wouldn’t complain about my actual proposal to turn greenfield sites in to carparks!”

“Well, it was worked admirably, Mein Fuhrer; the people are not complaining… about anything.”

9 Likes

She can live on Trump Steaks. Well done.

5 Likes

I would suggest we make all dRumph officials “uncomfortable” anytime they venture out in the public. They have shamed the US in so many ways, its time to turn the tables.

8 Likes

Sorry for the pedantry, but I don’t think it qualifies as ironic. I’m certain that going to the Mexican restaurant was a politically calculated move, and she was aware that she was eating cuisine from a country that shares a border with the U.S. (and she knows that U.S. borders are in her jurisdiction). There’s no unawareness, no twist, no chance occurrence; it’s entirely intentional. It’s not ironic. This doesn’t even qualify as Alanis-Morrisette-“rain on your wedding day”-irony (which also isn’t ironic, but many people seem to think it is because they misunderstand the difference between unfortunate coincidences and irony).

Also, most of the migrant families aren’t Mexican; they’re coming from countries south of Mexico, like El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras. Of course, some are Mexican, but it’s really quite wrong to consider all these people to be Mexican. I think this fact also makes it difficult to interpret the situation as “ironic”.

I would say it’s more ironic to write a defense of these suffering families while labeling them all “Mexican.” That isn’t explicitly the case here, but stating that Nielsen’s dining at a Mexican restaurant is “ironic” comes pretty damn close to incorrectly identifying all those people as Mexican.

4 Likes

Many internet points for suggesting that to someone named Gulliver.

3 Likes

And most people would never have known her on sight if not for Sarah Huckabee Sanders bailing on the second news conference. If not for that, she could have nibbled her fajitas in placid anonymity. I’m sure she will send a thank-you note to Sarah for this added exposure.

3 Likes