'Shame!' DHS Sec. Nielsen shouted down at Mexican restaurant, exits to loud protests

Nightshade, perhaps, with juniper berry vinaigrette?

@StVincent: DHS has already deported some of the parents. The end game is either to murder a lot of children, or generate a whole bunch of suddenly adoptable kids for less than suitable “parents.” tl;dr - death or slavery. Remember, the asshole occupying the Oval Office created this policy from whole cloth and possesses absolutely no moral compass.

4 Likes

You should realize that if you take the job of head of DHS or ICE that you will never be able to eat at an ethnic restaurant without a significant chance that you will have spit in your entree.

Edited to add:

Make that ANY restaurant.

5 Likes

As someone pointed out:

The evangelical adoption industrial complex is about to kick into high gear. The one that considers a strong belief in “spare the rod, spoil the child” to be a hallmark of suitability. These kids are likely to be fast-tracked through that system into Quiverfull-type homes where they will disappear.

It’s absolutely human trafficking, but because they can decorate it as adoption, the GOP has no issues with it.

ETA: This Thread

8 Likes

New job in 3,2,…

2 Likes

Between driving her to more or less strictness re the policy, I’d guess it would drive her toward the former.

Thanks! I’m headed to Iceland on Friday and REALLY want to avoid that one!

1 Like

Both of which are genocide.

9 Likes

Restaurant ‘saliva treatments’ and what can drive that; close to being an allegorical lesson for this administration: It pays to treat everyone nicely.

Sounds Machiavellian… although I don’t think anyone in this administration is anywhere close to being as clever as Machiavelli.

2 Likes

Looks like someone had the same idea 3 weeks ago

3 Likes

Spit in the food is a personal revenge, because the victim eating the food doesn’t know the spit is there. That’s also what makes it a crime.

These people need to know the spit is there.

Maybe there can be a big production starting in the kitchen where everyone the plate passes spits in it, all the way until it’s delivered to the table in full view of the person getting the food.

I don’t think that could be considered a crime then. Nothing was hidden, and they don’t have to eat it; hell, I wouldn’t even make them pay for it. It could be a new form of performance protest.

4 Likes

She’s either looking to get fired or to convince Dolt-45 to end this horrible policy. I’m also betting on the former, but either way she hopes she’ll achieve the goal most important to her: being able to once again enjoy a pricey restaurant meal without being harassed by people who remind her that not everyone is as amoral and cold-hearted as she is.

1 Like

Doesn’t everybody pay $14.00 for tacos? /s

It is my hope that Steven Miller is not left off the hook for this evil BS once trump signs “something”.

Speaking of hooks…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.