Sheriff's Deputy Ashley Gruno put an 80 year old woman in jail for expired medical marijuana card

Her.
But yeah.

Yeah, criminalization causes a lot of problems doesn’t it?

2 Likes

Reasonable people should not be fucking unicorns.

I am confused by this sentence; is fucking supposed to be a verb or an adjective?

7 Likes

Why would you need to write a new law? I’m not suggesting that it be made legal for people over a certain age (well, in this case I am since marijuana shouldn’t be outlawed in the first place, but let’s pretend she was using morphine or something else more dangerous), just that the law be applied in a reasonable manner rather than a robotic one that doesn’t consider specifics. Of course, that would require law enforcers to be reasonable people with sound judgment. This is why we can’t have nice things.

2 Likes

I’m not suggesting witing new law. Just examining how we write the ones we have in general. Any law written with the expectation that it will be applied by “reasonable people with sound judgment” is a naive law. No one can be reasonable or possess sound judgment if the wrong incentives and experience are applied to them.

6 Likes

Her ? ashley might have have effeminate features but I assure he is all man and one big dick cop. not to be messed with. he’s my new hero.

That occurred to me when reading this part…

Saltzman told the deputy the marijuana was hers. She also revealed that while she was a licensed medical marijuana patient, she had let her recommendation expire.

The way it is worded made me think she volunteered the information. Since most of the seniors in my family have issues with oversharing, it seemed possible.

3 Likes

Her mistake was not starting with smaller crimes. Like fixing elections,

4 Likes

Grannies be hella dangerous, yo…

6 Likes

As are most Roman army ranks and the octogenarian ones on weed are the worst. But centenarians, less so.

2 Likes

If only. A cop arrest themselves for doing the same shit they jail other people for? Outrageous!

Stand back, I’m going in. (It’s ok, I’m British. I was weaned on “Carry On” films and Humphrey Lyttleton’s chairmanship of ISIHAC.)

She asked me what a double entendre was so I gave her one.

The concept of a double entendre is something that should never need to be explained.

4 Likes

The sheriff defends the deputy’s arrest. “What the person was doing was illegal,” he said in a statement.

Then write her a ticket and summon her to court. How is that the police think putting cuffs on people is the only way they ever handle things? No, the police did it to be bullies because they don’t agree with the laws as written. Weak cops like to harass people that cannot defend themselves.

Again, I have to congratulate the sheriff’s department on their restraint. This time they did not shoot her dog. Or her neighbor’s dog, supposing she did not have one herself that was handy.

Serving and protecting, man.

Just serving and protecting.

Case in point.

3 Likes

nanaggedon

7 Likes

Michael Harriot’s take at the root on that story is priceless:

5 Likes

Much better than the WaPo write up.

Favorite line:

When Granny got inside her home, the man tried to enter as he feverishly yanked his doodle dandy.

The comments are entertaining as well.

6 Likes