Sheriffs from 3 states very sad about Colorado's legal weed

What they’re suing about is their belief that it’s illegal for Colorado not to make something illegal.
There oughtta be a law against people like them.

My one interaction with actual Colorado police was being pulled over for going 64 in a 55 zone, near a small town out in the mountains. The cop and I both knew I hadn’t been going any slower than about 75, and he was doing me a huge favor, so I apologized and said I should have paid more attention, and he let me off with a warning : - )

Although they do cite international treaties in their complaint.

“In our constitutional system, the federal government has preeminent authority toregulate interstate and foreign commerce, including commerce involving legal and illegaltrafficking in drugs, such as marijuana. This authority derives from the United StatesConstitution, acts of Congress, including the Controlled Substances Act, 21 U.S.C. § 801 et seq. (“the CSA”), and international treaties and protocols to which the United States is a signatory.”

1 Like

3 Likes

Let me fetch my tiny violin!

Wow, all the nasty stuff that has gone on over the past year, and yet this is what it takes for law enforcement to finally feel a “crisis of conscience”…

4 Likes

So if pot ever becomes legalized/regulated at the federal level, we should withdraw from that treaty

Marijuannah is a natural living creation to me from GOD. At any rate it is a natural living plant. Not made not formulated. Who has any right to make it illegal. I enjoy my beer but if you ask me,alcohol should be illegal!! It is very probmalatic. The cops just want to make the money,steal the weed and money they bust people with. All drug busts involve theft by the cops. How much money and drugs from a bust make it to the police station. There should be no debate about legalization. How much money has the Gov spent fighting the weed war. Who is winning. This country would make big money,save give us some tax relief. After all why should the drug dealers make the money.

HOW, exactly, does he know that Colorado has the best pot in the world?

2 Likes

Or else strongarm everybody else into doing the same, like with the US’s other attempts at foreign policy.

Look at the pain medication BS. The DEA steps in. People like me who deal with the agony of serious life altering pain everyday play hell getting relief. Now that they have over regulated it there is a heroin epidemic. And they want to know why. I’m sick of innocent people being abused because of ABUSERS. I’m sick of having to go to the pharmacy counter to get my sinus meds etc etc etc

2 Likes

Why the actual fuck are they enforcing their consciences.
That is precisely not his job!!

Fire any member of the executive who says this.

A few years ago, I used to buy Ma Huang (Ephedra) to help with my allergies and asthma. Since then, DEA meth scares have made selling it a chore. Even though buying or selling the plant is not regulated under new laws, my old sources have said it’s too much trouble to stock anymore. So instead of spending like $5 for years worth of the plant, which I prefer, I get to spend many times more to buy the stuff which isn’t as good from a pharmacy, after they have me wait, shake me down for an ID card, and record my info to send to DC.

Living in Kansas, this doesn’t surprise me. It’s not enough for our administration to impose its opinion on its citizens, now they’ve decided to try to push it onto their neighbors. Where’s that recall petition, anyway?

2 Likes

So yesterday was Holi in North India, and this came up:

(for those who don’t know, bhang is basically a cannabis drink)

And if you really believe all that bullshit about the police still serving and protecting the public, I have a rather large bridge in Brooklyn that I’ve been trying to sell for a few years now. Great price too.

1 Like

The “unconstitutional” argument is about as strong as calling the 21st amendment “unconstitutional”.

I’m willing to bet my salary that all this is because their arrest numbers are down. The only thing that will happen if they re criminalise, is crime will go up again. They’re bored and have nothing to do anymore. Everyone in the state is too high to even consider robbing a bank or a store. And potheads don’t fight between themselves like drinkers do. Cops are all about targets now and if they’re not hitting those targets they’ll do whatever to reach them including falsely incriminate people. Long story short they’re the criminals really and rely on crime as an income

If you can’t beat 'em, join 'em.

Are state/local cops obliged to enforce Federal law? They’re certainly not obligated to enforce the laws of other states.