Shootout in Oregon: one terrorist killed, eight arrested

Absolutely. But I keep the cartridge and primer. Go ahead and have as many inert lumps of lead as you want.

1 Like

I assume either a helicopter or a single prop plane with someone operating a mounted camera. They said they redacted identifying information.

Well… The god of… Something

icy what you did there :wink:

1 Like

I got the gist of the overall rig. I was just wondering what was in the display. Realtime info, etc.

From WaPo

4 Likes

Actually, I think the problem is he doesn’t have a million dollars, which is why he doesn’t pay the million dollars he owes in grazing fees and fines.

Bundy also disputed the suggestion that he and the others at the refuge were “armed occupiers,” instead saying that his group had been visiting residents in the region, “educating people and getting them to move towards freedom.”

Oh yeah, that one’s a winner right there. These folks really are masters at this kind of thing, aren’t they?

I wonder if that one was said through the attorney? The timeline seems to suggest it was, but I can’t imagine one actually thinking that would work.

1 Like

At least LaVoy Finicum died doing what he loved: terrorizing government employees, vandalizing Native American tribal artifacts, and destroying a wildlife refuge while screaming about injustice, tyranny, oppression, and his own personal interpretation of the Constitution. Godspeed, you freedom-crazed, liberty-loving patriot!

4 Likes

i just watched it, and he wasn’t running towards them, but he did lower his hands and reach for his waist, which seems like a huge mistake when that many people are pointing guns at you. about 9 mins in is when it all goes down: https://youtu.be/aAGxDWKrjPQ

1 Like

5 Likes

If I was running across ice and snow, I’d be using my arms for balance. I say this because just today I was trying to travel cross county in the aftermath of a blizzard as a pedestrian (since I don’t have a car because I lack the dexterity to safely handle an automobile and…
Oh…

Never Mind…

He also managed to hit, or nearly hit an officer, who jumped in front of the vehicle. I’m not a fan of these protesters by any means, but attempted vehicular manslaughter of an officer pretty much means he was a dead man.

1 Like

A person is dead. Can’t get much more dangerous to human life than that.

I was thinking about how odd a last name is Finicum. I doubt it’s the official origin and etymology of the name, but you could break it down to finis = end, cum = with in Latin. Hopefully this nonsense will “end with” Finicum.

1 Like

You realize at least three of us posted the video and gave the time index before this, right?

1 Like

Sure, but did you know it all goes down around 9 mins in?

2 Likes

Can I get a link to this video? It sounds interesting.

4 Likes

sure, here you go

5 Likes

I think you can probably skip the first 9 minutes though.

5 Likes