Since toxic Lauren Boebert won't apologize for hate speech, The Denver Post does it for her

South Asian Yes GIF by Identity

11 Likes

Colorado does have a new 8th district this year which was partially carved out of Boebert’s 3rd so her advantage has shrunk ever so slightly. She has a huge geographic area which is mostly rural and heavily Republican so she was all but guaranteed reelection anyway.

Outside of her district though, I can tell you her antics are not winning her any friends elsewhere in the state.

ETA: the best outcome really is for another moderate Republican to primary her next year. Lots of people are lining up for that chance. She’s just a little too extreme even for most R’s here.

13 Likes

Is Yeehadist Barbie still at it? Or is this her racist buddy, K-K-Karen? I can never keep those two straight.

1 Like

She’s a Florida Woman after all.

3 Likes

If people on the left don’t consistently call out against this kind of bigotry then who will?

12 Likes

It’s the right thing to say, but you just know that a whole lot of Boebert’s enablers just cancelled their subscription to the Post and will dial up their own hate and rage.

You see those guys in the photo heading Carla’s post? I’m going out on a ponderosa pine branch and say they don’t have subscriptions to the Denver Post.

7 Likes

I thought the left side of the Bell Curve is an upward slope… or is ‘Downward Slope’ referring to something else?

I don’t disagree, I think we do need to routinely point out how awful these people are being.

However, I can come onto BB every day and read about what awful thing Boebert and the rest of the deplorables have done, and we can all enjoy a little shared dismay/outrage at their awfulness. Aside from an occasional Psaki or AOC post (often where they are responding to something by the deplorables), there is very little bandwidth here or anywhere else about anyone else.

And so all we do is talk about these assholes. Trump perfected the model - every time attention started to turn away he’d say something outrageous, and immediately everyone is talking about him again. Boris Johnson calls it ‘slamming a dead cat on the table’ when things are starting to turn away.

We all perk up like dogs seeing a squirrel, and chime in with our disgust or whatever. Meanwhile all anyone ever talks about is the arseholes, all day long. It’s exhausting and playing into their hands.

Technically, it’s negative slope, but I think most people got my drift.

5 Likes

Oh, I got the drift. It’s just odd [but not uncommon] that opposite terms can refer to the same thing.
Like a Fat Chance & a Slim Chance…

2 Likes

We’re kind of in crisis mode right now. Some of us are on the verge of losing some basic rights and are in the cross hairs of some people who have shown they’re willing to use force to take out those they don’t like. Maybe YOU can spend time not thinking about that awfulness, but some of us really can’t afford to. Some of us feel very much like it’s 1933 in Germany. :woman_shrugging: So… maybe skip the stories you don’t care to read because you don’t feel they personally impact you? But I for one am happy that the writers at BB care enough to cover these issues and to show that they care about the very real problems some of us are facing caused in part by people like Boebert…

15 Likes

You could start a thread that was about other issues that interest you.

Like the craft thread, the good news thread, the cooking thread, the space thread, the whatcha watching thread, etc, etc, etc.

10 Likes

2 Likes

I mean this with absolutely no snark. I find some of the stuff that gets posted pretty… uh… let’s just say not helpful in the pursuit of a more optimal mundane experience. I’ve taken more and more to just muting those threads. Realistically if I am on the internet at all I’m likely to come across something about it, and I recognize that there is some need for at least some people to be willing to engage with the subject on any given day. But damned if it has to always be me…

That being said, sadly, ignoring people like Duke for the last 40 or more years while they worked for their cause really is exactly what has gotten us here and more denial isn’t going to fix it.

16 Likes

Holler Emmy Awards GIF by Emmys

9 Likes

I’d like to see it abolished somehow, but most initiatives to deal with gerrymandering want to keep those wiggly borders but harness them for supposedly more laudable goals

6 Likes

Perfetto! From now on I’m calling it bobo the clown.

I am eternally grateful to you.

1 Like

Well, one was a mountain bike and one was a road bike…

The side of CO from the continental divide west is called the western slope. Most of the state population lives on the east side of the divide, and thinks of the western slope as the downhill slope from CO to Utah. Not sure if Knoxblox is a CO local, but his joke works perfectly into how the majority of CO sees the western slope (my friend who lived in Grand Junction calls it Meth Junction…). The west side of the state is gorgeous, but it has a bad rep. (pun intended)

5 Likes

I lived in Wichita, but we knew people there and I visited the state several times.

Kurt Russell Fact GIF

4 Likes