Since toxic Lauren Boebert won't apologize for hate speech, The Denver Post does it for her

I think you are misunderstanding my point. I agree that the deplorables are awful, dangerous and gaining far too much power and we need to oppose them. We need to know what they are up to. I disagree that we will succeed in that goal by granting them all of our bandwidth.

I am NOT being dismissive of concerns about how awful they are. I am hoping to see and find more information about what WE and those who represent us are doing to oppose them proactively (by doing stuff) rather than reactively (by getting angry at stuff they do).

I want to push them back to the margins where they can rant and rave with minimal impact. We will never be free of dangerous stupid people, the job of the rest of us is to make sure they never get out of the fringe.

I’m sorry if I gave a different impression.

Boebert… Boebert… Isn’t she the one who was giving tours of the Capitol to insurrectionists in the days just prior to 1/6? And she’s insinuating that other members of Congress are part of a jihad? Sounds like projection on her part.

6 Likes

That’s not happening here. There are plenty of other posts here.

I think someone else suggested muting a topic you’re not interested in reading, so that seems your best option.

6 Likes

Bigot Barbie

5 Likes

Ah, so it’s downhill in more ways than one…
Haven’t been to Colorado in decades, but I still remember how spectacular the mountains were.

1 Like

Uh, remind me again. What religion was the kid who just murdered 4 people? Never seems to come up in these cases.

2 Likes

None was mentioned, as he’s white, so the default assumption is mental illness or being bullied into it (ie victim blaming).

4 Likes

I suspect the point being made is that he’s not Muslim.

Kind of like how no mention of skin tone means he’s white.

6 Likes

Sure, I agree. I just expand the point of how white men who presumably come from Christian backgrounds get different treatment.

5 Likes

Lone wolf, quiet kid, good family…have I got bingo yet?

6 Likes

Just a subscription to Jugs & Ammo. They like it for the articles.

2 Likes

That’s also quite good.

Oh, and no offense to BoingBoing’s own Bobo, who is a sweetie, unlike bobo bigot barbie the clown.

3 Likes

Colorado is indeed breathtakingly beautiful. So glad we visited before the meth plague.

After driving up and down and to and fro across the continental states, the only other places we saw that were anywhere near as beautiful were in parts of Minnesota and the Dakotan Black Hills. Montana was also lovely. There was a place in Wisconsin where we were on a two-lane rural “highway.” We turned a “corner,” and all of a sudden we were in a paradise. Tall, beautiful cliffs, and a clear, shining lake, trees everywhere. We gasped and gawked and gawked. Can’t unfortunately remember where that was.

4 Likes

Near the Apostle Islands, maybe?

4 Likes

I haven’t a clue, and it was a loooong time ago. 1989.

4 Likes

Devil’s Lake fits your description, but anywhere around The Dells (mostly to the south and west) has super dramatic geological formations.

3 Likes

If it is Devil’s Lake, it’s seriously ineptly named. They should change it to Angel’s Lake or Paradise Lake!

2 Likes

But then we wouldn’t be able to find it!

Well, that’s not true, I can still find it, been there enough times.

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Oh, and we were heading East or Southeast when we came upon that gorgeous place.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.