Singer murders National Anthem at CPAC

This seems a tad misogynistic, assuming she couldn’t have gotten the gig without the help of an older person/man.

On the general topic, I don’t really care to watch it. I’m sure she did a bad job, and that puts her in plentiful company. Shaming someone for singing poorly in public is just not my gig, and it is literally the least offensive thing that happened at CPAC.

3 Likes

At first, I was like, “Enh, she started out of her range and is trying to compensate,” but by the end it really turns into something entirely else, doesn’t it.

2 Likes

This is up there with Rosanne Barr and Fergie:

Here’s someone playing that sheet music on organ. Stick around to 1:44.

5 Likes

I would have said the same thing if this awful singer was male. And of course there are plenty of fatcat GOP donors who are women.

20 Likes

Best comment on the YouTube video.

33 Likes
6 Likes

Maybe she is using 432hz not those “bad frequencies”!

4 Likes

This is more about the GQP / CPAC organizers for being true to form and picking someone not competent for the job than about her performance.

It could also have been a last minute thought, an “Oh crap we forgot the singer! Who here can sing?!” situation.

14 Likes

Did you embed the right viddie? I only hear her wailing.

Maybe I’m organ deaf!

Tom Poston posted one above with an organ. Is that the one you meant?

3 Likes

I rechecked and there’s definitely organ!

2 Likes

Ah okay, I listened more closely, so low in the mix! I’ll have to try again later on better speakers. :+1:

2 Likes

I’d heard about the Fergie version but had never heard/seen it. That wasn’t so bad. I’m not a fan of what she does vocally but the arrangement is interesting and has some nice reharmonizations.

1 Like

This was great!

2 Likes

On the positive side, she didn’t forget the words and run off stage early.

On the negative side, she didn’t forget the words and run off stage early.

15 Likes

She is under an “America Uncanceled” banner, so she will get a contract to sing at ALL conservative events, a multi-year recording deal, and a stadium tour.

Anything less is a violation of her freedom of speech.

12 Likes

It’s not misogynistic of us to recognize that the GOP hates women generally, and only values them for their ability to make babies and agree with men.

10 Likes

And, apparently, sing badly.

11 Likes

Meh - I don’t think it’s all that bad. She certainly sings better than I do. The forced patriotism of the anthem is an odd thing to try to add your own flair to anyways. Asshat Republicans have done enough stupid shit the last 4̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ in my lifetime and beyond that we’d be better served highlighting that rather than someone’s song rendition.

4 Likes
3 Likes