"Slight Incline/Very Scary" Caution signs go up around Brooklyn, NY

Look at where the creases are. I never realized how small his feet are. He’s wearing shoes that are way too long for him, probably partly to make room for the lifts and partly for the pubescent reason we all know.

11 Likes

Despite any of your excuses (or his) you’re still making fun of his frailty.

Not one of their best, since many of the video clips are from years ago. (Like when he was mocking that reporter during the 2016 campaign.) They could have used the current ones as effectively, and more honestly.

If he is well, let’s hear the real results of the medical exam that he was supposed to have had months ago.

4 Likes

His frailty is the point. He knows he is not up to the job because of his frailty. He’s afraid others will realize his frailty, so he makes grandiose claims about not being frail. Frailty is a terrible weakness in someone who is (in theory) running such a powerful country.

9 Likes

As someone with a bad leg and a bad back, I’ll allow it. On behalf of everyone with physical ailments, and whom Trump himself would mock mercilessly, I declare this fair game.

EtA:

Trump did that?

“I don’t remember!”

9 Likes

oh oh so true…

2 Likes

There’s no doubt this is absolutely true for some people, especially, IMHO, many of those creating these signs.

There is a valid argument that hiding physical disability or ailment about someone in a position of power But you can’t disconnect that from the fact that there is a huge part of the population that will link physical frailty with mental frailty. This is, as I understand it, why the media worked to hide the physical effects of Polio on at least one past President, and, as I understand it, why JFK worked hard to keep his physical ailments out of the public eye as well.

Calling out the president for lying or covering up a situation is one thing, but for many other folks, this is just an excuse to engage in ableism as well, and IMHO that’s an important point to recognize.

4 Likes

I’ve repeatedly said what I’m making fun of in this post.

As someone who’s mother has cancer and cannot even walk across the room, I assure you it’s not his fraility I have issues with. It’s his lying, and making fun of other people with medical conditions. Whether he’s doing that to cover his own up or not is irrelevant to me, I’m more concerned with his fitness to lead and his lying.

I don’t think you believe what I’m telling you are my reasons, so that’s fine. I’m the one acting in good faith by telling you this. You’re the one acting in bad faith by implanting your own bias ideas on my motives.

5 Likes

Much like Godwin’s law, which had to be revoked in the case of trump due to his actually being a Nazi, and his unabashed support of Nazis, Authoritarian Dictators, etc (even encouraging China to build concentration camps for minorities according to Bolton, not to mention trump’s own concentration camps for migrant children), trump forfeited any possible sympathy he may have otherwise been entitled to because of his constant mockery of the disabled, and his constant mockery of others accusing them of being disabled (when they clearly are not), even those people who are clearly in far superior health, abilities, and mental acuity than himself. Topping it all off with his ridiculous claims of being the strongest, smartest, most capable person ever, despite the clear evidence to the contrary.

Sorry, trump has earned every bit of mockery he gets. We could never mock him enough to make it even with all the mockery and insults he has dished out to others on a daily basis.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.