"Slight Incline/Very Scary" Caution signs go up around Brooklyn, NY

I don’t know where you’re from, but…

giphy

15 Likes

We have the same saying in the Netherlands, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s not exclusively ours.

1 Like

Already had a few years (the past 4) and lived through the list.

Look at the video of Dolt 45 walking down the ramp; he advances his left foot in a normal step, brings his right foot forward and plants it beside the left, advances his left foot and repeats. If you combine the observation of him not being able to raise a glass to his mouth with only his right hand with his walk down the ramp, it seems that he’s had a stroke or some other motor problem with the right side of his body.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure I could find a few persons with disabilities who would agree, especially in view of the contempt turmp shows for them. In my experience a sense of humor very often comes with the territory.

5 Likes

Practicing in the mirror?

“You walkin’ to me? You walkin’ to me? You walkin’ to me? Then who the hell else are you walkin’ to? You walkin’ to me? Well I’m the only ramp here. Who the fuck do you think you’re walking to?”

Trump’s leaning-forward stance probably doesn’t help on downward slopes.

6 Likes

Not to mention the lifts in his shoes.

12 Likes

Normally I’d be inclined (ha) to agree, but if Trump and his campaign are going to make Biden’s health and mental acuity and attack point, calling him “Sleepy Joe” and worse, if they’re going to go to great lengths to hide all of Trump’s medical reports from the public, if Trump is going to set a terrible example for how to protect oneself in a pandemic by not wearing masks and claiming to be taking unapproved drugs, then scrutiny of his health is 100% fair game.

14 Likes

i agree…with both the original point and everyone’s counter arguments. One thing not mentioned is the lies he used to cover this up.

If he just came out and said, hey you know my bone spurs were acting…oh wait, no…if he just said, you know what, i woke up yesterday after playing 3 rounds of golf and my leg was a little…oh wait…

/s

here’s the thing…i am in my early(ish) 40’s and i sometimes have some pain in my foot that causes some discomfort when i walk. if trump said “hey, I’m in my 70’s and my leg was bothering me so i took it slow” we would be like, yeah, ok that makes sense. and we would move on. but the fact that he goes and lies about it is what makes it relevant and upsetting.

11 Likes

The way I learned it, an inclined plane is a slope up.
A slow pup is a lazy dog.
Therefore, an inclined plane is a lazy dog.

9 Likes

This is ableist and I’m disappointed that Boingboing is sharing this.

That was my first thought too. Seriously, people are making fun of Trump because he has bad knees (or whatever ailement that makes walking downhill painful)? I guess we all need to learn to embrace all sorts of double standards.

I don’t know what happened.

No.

If Trump struggled to get down a ramp because he had bad knees and chose not to comment on the incident then whole story would have been confined to a handful people mocking him on Twitter.

If Trump had bad knees and said “I have bad knees, so sue me” then he might even get some public sympathy out of the incident.

Instead, Trump—a man who frequently attacks others over the slightest hint of weakness, a man who faked a doctor’s note making the preposterous claim that he was in better physical condition than any Presidential candidate in history—struggled to get down a ramp and then went on a Twitter tirade complaining about how treacherous the ramp was.

It’s TRUMP’s double standard that makes him a rich target for ridicule here.

23 Likes

Cheap bastard; he should ask Tom Cruise where he gets his shoes with built in lifts and higher counters so he’s not slipping out of his footwear.

2 Likes

If Trump bought his shoes from Robert De Niro’s guy he could make Lincoln look like a pipsqueak.

(Of course De Niro only pretends to be a tall guy when he’s being paid to do so.)

8 Likes

While I definitely agree that Trump is a rich target for ridicule, this incident boils down to him hiding a physical ailment, which lots of people are prone to doing. And the fact that he would make fun of people who do that doesn’t change the cheapness of the attack.

He’s not really “hiding” a physical ailment so much as actively drawing attention to it by ranting about the stupid ramp.

No one makes fun of Jimmy Carter for moving about like an old man, but if he publicly, unironically boasted about being the finest physical specimen since Charles Atlas while attacking his ideological opponents for their supposed infirmity then you’d better believe he’d get a few snickers.

16 Likes

That’s very un-Carter like! :grimacing:

12 Likes

Indeed. Let’s get another one of those guys in office.

11 Likes

You’re missing the point, intentionally.

People aren’t making fun of him for being old or suffering the frailties of age.

They’re making fun of him for insisting he’s in the best shape of any president in the history of the country and blaming the ramp. It’s just another set of his lies that he’s tacking on. And it’s happening while he’s attacking "sleepy Joe " and “demented Joe”, and “crazy Old Bernie.”

We’re not picking on the guy because he’s old. We’re picking on him because he’s an asshole throwing stones in a glass house.

13 Likes

10 Likes