Smirking pharmabro Martin Shkreli to employee's wife: "I hope to see you and your four children homeless"

true, but it all comes out in the end.

7 Likes

When using one, the traditional toast is “here’s mud in your eye.”

3 Likes

I was specifically thinking of that and about how John Rogers has talked quite a bit about how often the show had to tone down reality. They tried using some real-world schemes and dialog taken directly from real transcripts, but they were sometimes considered too implausible; people couldn’t believe that such horrors were being perpetrated unchallenged and that CEOs could be so openly, unapologetically evil.

7 Likes

That’s a really tough job market: plenty of openings; but tons of talent available.

1 Like

Projection much?

I just had a premonition that this Shkreli douchebag gets assassinated by a gun-welding drone.

I’m not a doctor, but I still say he’s a psychopath.

2 Likes

Leverage had to consistently tone down their villains from the real life inspiration, just so people would find it believable. The real thing is just too evil.

Shkreli is just one example of that.

5 Likes

Truth is so so much stranger and (often more fucked up) than fiction.

2 Likes

Iwan Rheon could do a pretty good Shkreli.

1 Like

I dunno - I think he’d be too sympathetic. The smirk would be hard to really capture.

1 Like

King of the Trumpholes.

Well that led me to dive into the show’s Wikipedia page where I learned 3 important things:

• This show was better received than I thought

• apparently the creators of the show are always thinking of justice for the regular guy:

Season 1 consists of 13 episodes, which writers John Rogers and Chris Downey and producer Dean Devlin intended to be a complete story should the series not be renewed.

4 Likes

There was a rumour going around that his Wu-Tang contract allowed them+Bill Murray to try to steal their album back. Would be a good place to start.

Looks like it’s already been the subject of an off-Broadway musical.

6 Likes

Oh, that is too good. Though we need someone to get into his online accounts and transfer ownership of everything he has to someone else as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.