Smug shlub picks a fight with a gym coach on crutches and quickly regrets it

He didn’t go into that ring looking for help. He went in thinking he’d be proving what a badass he was by beating up the boxing coach he’d just disrespected and called a “pussy.”

20 Likes

The bully, used to street fighting, throws body blows to the gut (less likely to break your hand, easy to knock the wind out of someone) and does no damage to a trained boxer.

The coach hits him in the head and knocks him down immediately.

14 Likes

Coach even showed schlub some “Rope-a-Dope.” :rofl:

8 Likes

Bingo!

11 Likes

I won’t lie, i did enjoy watching this guy get humiliated but the coach shows remarkable restraint for the reasons @anon33932455 eloquently explained. He really could have knocked him out clean if he’d wished but it shows the discipline that boxing has given him.

21 Likes

Truly words to live by!

7 Likes

I recall years ago I read a book written by some MMA fighter. One thing that stands out is that he described how he’d be in a restaurant or bar or somewhere public, and sometimes he would be recognized as an MMA fighter. There would be this kind of person, usually on the younger side, who would taunt him so that they could incite a fight with him. If he ever got into it, he kicked the snot out of the other guy, and the thinking was that the inciter was looking for bragging rights that they fought an MMA guy, or that they had the balls to start a fight.

Doesn’t make sense, in this video, the gym owner looks scary he knows what he’s doing. I’d never disrespect him. Or get in any ring with him!

5 Likes

tenor-2

15 Likes

Imagine being that guy in the ring, and realizing how helpless you are. That coach can hit you as much as he wants, however and wherever he wants, and you can do nothing to stop him. You have no ability to defend yourself at all. And forget about punching back, it’s pointless.

I had a friend from New York who was a little bit of a bigmouth. He tried to get into shootfighting, and in his first class, for whatever reason, they paired him up with a young woman. The upshot was that he got submitted a few times and got his nose broken (sort of accidentally). He decided not to keep going. I asked him why and he said, “It hurts a lot.” It strikes me now how truthful it was on every level for him to say that. That should probably be in the top three most honest things anyone has ever said to me.

8 Likes

I think experienced street fighters would know to keep hands up. If you’re going into a fight that close to someone with your hands below your waist, you are requesting to be hit in the head.

8 Likes

Blockquote Nobody made him get into the ring, he did it all by his adulting self,

That’s exactly what I’m saying (but we’re not reaching the same conclusion) :smiley: The fact that he was alone actually helps : he wasn’t trying to make a show to impress his friends, and it wasn’t peer pressure. What a low point in the life a person he must be in to do what he did. To go up to a stranger and say “I’m going to beat the crap out of you [to feel better]” ? Man. He needs help. I think he got it too, at least a little bit, since that coach was caring and in “teaching mode” the whole time.

I’m not excusing him, at all. What he did was wrong, full stop. But that doesn’t prevent me from feeling empathy for the guy.

I hope he finds peace, and at the very least, I hope he learned something from this.

6 Likes

All my life I’ve dealt with jerks like this who will run their mouths by simply ignoring them. For me, it is delicious to see one of these tough guys who wrote a big check with his mouth getting a lesson in overdrafts.

4 Likes

The look on the coach’s face is priceless, “Wut? Dat’s it? For reals? Dat’s all u got?”

3 Likes

So much this, every fucktard I’ve ever known got that way by having a fucked up childhood. Some people get past it, some don’t. The ones that don’t have to live with their own inner hell every, single, day. (Too bad they tend to also dish it out on those around them.)

5 Likes

Some thoughts having done a little of this.

He has no ability whatsoever. Not the first notion of how to defend himself.

There is no way that this man could rationally imagine that he was a boxer. He has no talent for it; which makes it unlikely that he was in “street fights” as he claims. He seems like more of a fantasist.

The coach is quite correct; he should be humble when coming into a boxing gym. That he doesn’t have a level of fear consistent with his ability points to an issue. I sincerely hope that he did not continue. He is probably already concussed by the end of the round and is on the way to getting badly hurt.

6 Likes

That’s my point entirely! The judgment and reactions of well deserved comeuppance that we see here are a reflection of what he’s being served in society. Then what happens ? What’s the end game in judging him severely ? What does it serve except to make the people judging him feel better about themselves for being superior human beings ? He’s just being ostracized and pushed into groups that will accept him : violent groups. The cycle continues…

The actions of kind people like the trainer here can break this cycle. It’s the only way that things can get better for him and for others around him.

Don’t accept what he does, but also don’t treat him like a sub-human being. That’s just being part of the problem.

3 Likes

The coach didn’t treat him like a sub-human being. He treated him like a man who came into his establishment acting like an asshole, which is exactly what he was.

Along the way the coach even provided some valuable advice for how the interloper might change his behavior in the future, not to mention some valuable boxing tips like “put your arms up.”

10 Likes

I’ll say this for him. He did say he wanted to be trained. He did show some humility in the ring. He also didn’t quit and he did follow instructions. Total mess, yeah. It appears he has stumbled upon a really great coach. I hope both sides continue to get something positive out of this teachable moment.

2 Likes

Albeit only after literally having some sense smacked into him.

5 Likes

Haha I like it when we say the same things but we don’t realize we do :slight_smile: I’m sorry if I explained poorly, but I totally agree with what you said. The coach was a wonderful human being ! He could easily have pummeled to guy into mushy paste without breaking a sweat and yet he showed incredible restraint. He went just far enough to teach a lesson (and also gave a lesson while dishing out said lesson).

My beef is with some of the people here not having any empathy for the poor fellow :slight_smile:

3 Likes