Smug shlub picks a fight with a gym coach on crutches and quickly regrets it

Better late than never?

2 Likes

I’d bet my lifesavings that I could guess who that smug shlub voted for. :thinking:

1 Like

Dammit! You’re right. Deep down I know there is probably some sort of tragic back story that brought jerky tough guy to this point and yes, it’s petty and small of me to fine joy in his comeuppance. (grumbling) Thank you for reminding us where the moral high ground is and that we should all try to be a little kinder to one another. (/grumbling)

4 Likes

I am surprised the coach allowed that to happen at all.

1 Like

It is disconcerting that, having being punched in the head several times by an actual boxer, this guy is going to get in his car and drive anywhere.

6 Likes

Frankly I am not sure whether I should be feeling schadenfeude or fremdscham for this dude.

5 Likes

A new expression for me… I don’t respond this way for this guy, his behaviour just too unredeemable, but I have this response to a lot of TV, etc. To the degree that I don’t watch much . Modern Family is a great show when the sound’s off :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fremdscham is a term I wasn’t familiar with! Glad to learn about it, though, because I tend to like most things pedantic and nerdy. Sort of like knowing the difference between acronyms and initialisms…

1 Like

I suppose there are different types of street fighting, not that I have any personal experience here. I imagine this guy is used to getting in fights with drunks, so protecting himself is less an issue when your opponent has slow reflexes and wobbly legs.

That guy can go kick rocks with no socks; no sympathy whatsoever wasted on him, here.

I save my empathy for people that actually deserve it, not loudmouth wannabe badasses.

And frankly, I don’t care how the guy ended up as such an asshole; at a certain point, we’re all accountable for our actions, no matter how ‘tragic’ our formative years may have been.

Dude fucked around and he ended up finding out.

7 Likes

Especially his second and third symphonies…

Just had to look that up - I know that feeling very well indeed, I never knew there was a name for it! Thanks for posting it, every day’s a school day! :grin:

3 Likes