Soccer team apologizes for filling out stadium stands with sex dolls

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/18/soccer-team-apologizes-for-fil.html

3 Likes

In the grand scheme of things, how is this a scandal? Seems like a genuinely funny gesture in a time when it’s dangerous to have actual fans in the stadium to watch the game. Heck, it’s better than the Wisconsin version, with fans crowding into a bar to watch the game.

20 Likes

The real question is, which team official or player lent them his collection?

8 Likes

In an arena where we kick our balls, no one can get kicks for their balls!

1 Like

I guess there was a real blow up about it.

5 Likes

Maybe she was just really excited about soccer?

12 Likes

Don’t sex dolls get a day off?

I’m a sex person but no one complains when I put on clothes and go to a match.

11 Likes

My first thought reading the headline was along the lines of, “This is an expensive prank”. If you fill a stadium with the cheapest blow up dolls, that is a giant chunk of change.

I see that it was very sparsely populated with the much more expensive kinds. But the signs advertising the company that makes them makes it clear where they came from.

5 Likes

It’s not even close to the most embarrassing soccer team sponsorship in the world. MLS teams seem to love being sponsored by pyramid schemes. And there’s always Arsenal.

4 Likes

15 Likes

It’s not an apocalypse until the sex dolls and mannequins have their day in the sun.

ETA it looks like the top row is flat standees.

ETA2 I wondered what the thumbs up sign on that right-hand doll is for. Then my imagination started offering suggestions. Sigh.

12 Likes

That’s a very specific fetish.

10 Likes

Recognition? :thinking:

4 Likes

Yeah, I was wondering how the hell anyone could afford to buy them (and then have them just sitting out somewhere), when I read the bit about the signs. Still - that’s some expensive advertising.

4 Likes

They’re wearing masks and social distancing, what’s the fuss about?

7 Likes

I am sure the toy company packed them back up and sold them as “Open Box”.

6 Likes

No doubt, but the chance of loss or damage…

1 Like

Hey these things happen. honest mistake.

Now they smell like beer, popcorn and new car.

3 Likes

Who are the figures for? The TV audience, right?
If so, why not just composite an image of a packed house from previous games?

Related: