Someone hung a noose inside National Museum of African American History and Culture

Not your fault; hell, your existence and the fact that you live in the deep south yet are still so “woke” gives me tremendous hope.

And perhaps this is not the right thread to mention it, considering the incendiary nature of the topic, but stereotypical White sororities are very different from stereotypical Black ones in my experience.

Less this:

And more this:

11 Likes

But hers wouldn’t be either. That’s something, right?

4 Likes

Oh, totally.

*lolz

Regardless to whatever organization it is, the core values of the person joining it are what makes all the difference.

Just from what little I know of you, I have great faith that you did your daughter justice and have very little to be worried about.

#^_^

8 Likes

I like the stereotypically black sororities and fraternities. In college, I was on much better terms with them than I was with the white fraternities. Long story.

5 Likes

To add to that, even if any of the these threats, either the ones that have happened or the ones we know are coming, are the work of people that consider themselves pranksters, even if we, too, choose to call them pranks, they’re certainly NOT harmless.
Any one of these crimes both increases fear in the targeted community, and emboldens the bigots who hate said community. To any civilized member of the national community, that ain’t funny.

16 Likes

Getting back on topic:

Well said.

I’ll go you one further as a member of one of those aforementioned endangered communities;

The ‘theoretical assertion’ that maybe someone in the Black community may be behind this and other such atrocious acts of racial harassment as some sort of passive-aggressive ‘political statement,’ is not only a spectacular example of disingenuous deflection, but it’s an insult to the the logic and intellect of every conscious, intelligent person; not just those of us who happen to be darker complected.

14 Likes

That’s a compliment! I always fear that I’m never quite “woke” enough, and am somehow contributing to the problem. Maybe I don’t speak up enough or do enough to end the problem of white supremacy.

13 Likes

Gurl… Just the fact that you have such viable concerns shows that you pass the ‘woke test,’ “swipe right.”

13 Likes

But I didn’t even know there was a woke test!?! I thought my testing days were over, damn it! :wink:

Also, I love that gif… from “Dear White People” series?

9 Likes

Yep, and that’s what I was referencing; one of the characters designed a Tinder-like “woke or not?” app.

*lolz

9 Likes

I’m going to enjoy this series once I get around to watching it…

2 Likes

Yeah, I think you really will.

It starts exactly where the movie left off, and builds on the narrative.

Plus, it’s narrated by Giancarlo Esposito, so that’s a cue about how good the production values are.

9 Likes

He’s amazing!

5 Likes

Sounds like somebody’s tired of winning

3 Likes

Is that what we’re calling mindless hatred and man’s inhumanity to man now?

11 Likes

Yes, because the only way we can win is if the people who are already losing lose even worse /s

4 Likes

I don’t get it. Would you mind elaborating?

2 Likes

Trump’s dystopic influence is considered “winning” by him and his followers.

It’s disgusting, and I was tired of it before the election.

All the newly emboldened racists, sexists, and fascists are all part of this “winning”

6 Likes

I see, didn’t get the reference in this context. Got it now, thanks!

4 Likes

My pleasure!

(after all, what’s the point of being a smartass if nobody gets where you’re coming from)

8 Likes