Someone hung a noose inside National Museum of African American History and Culture

Not original:

18 Likes

This was the first time I’ve run across it (that I remember) so thanks for introducing it to me.

13 Likes

Trump’s stooges knows what that means.
(Sounds of derisive laughter from the crowd.)

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

It needs Social Justice Meteor!

7 Likes

But do I still get to keep the “likes” from my deleted posts? I nearly have enough banked for a free bidet!

11 Likes

I came back here after a few hours absence and discovered that I had earned three more “nice replies.” Which didn’t exist anymore. They actually showed up on my list as blank entries. Sadly, even the blank entries are gone now.

5 Likes

Seriously? I’m only up to Free Banana. :neutral_face:

11 Likes

Let’s raise a beer to the ones that got away… :beers:

5 Likes

Well, this whole thing is just who knows who.
Then over here you have favoritism.

8 Likes

Try saying something that’s worthwhile, and then maybe someone will listen.

As it stands, all you’ve done so far is try to deflect from the actual topic at hand, and make excuses.

16 Likes

Well said.

5 Likes

Thank you, and don’t worry, I will absolutely keep posting and fighting this fight. Our present political climate in general makes me embarrassed to be a human, and I’m well past the point where I can comfortably be quiet about it.

13 Likes

There were flyers at the nearby U of Md. a few weeks ago – followed by an actual, fatal stabbing.

13 Likes

Exactly, these are not harmless “pranksters” from 4chan doing this to rustle the collective jimmies of the more reasonable people of the world. These are dangerous people who have repeatedly demonstrated their willingness to carry out their threats. To dismiss this as “just a prank” is just about on par with Trump claiming that his campaign had nothing to do with the Kremlin, and it’s all “just fake news.”

Covering our eyes and stuffing our fingers in our ears isn’t going to make this very real problem go away, and the more otherwise decent people try to pretend it doesn’t exist, the more brazen these people are going to be.

To those trying to pretend this isn’t a credible threat: Do you want lynch mobs? Because this is how you get lynch mobs, and they’re a hell of a lot worse than ants.

20 Likes

I’ve heard it suggested elsewhere (Harry Shearer?) that The South may have lost the war but they won Reconstruction.

8 Likes

Thank you.

I haven’t had to quote “Excuses” at others this much since I pledged my sorority, over 20 years ago.

4 Likes

I’m sorry we’ve gone so far backwards.

4 Likes

You only get a free travel bidet for ‘Most Disappointed In BoingBoing’.

8 Likes

OT, but I wanted you to know that I’m holding out some hope for my daughter who is considering pledging to a sorority. You’ve turned out great, so hopefully…?

9 Likes

The catch is it’s second hand.

5 Likes