Someone hung a noose inside National Museum of African American History and Culture

No - that would be a clear threat. Mainly because it involved trespassing on my property in the middle of the night.

I’m not black, but I was a prankster, so I can speak to that ( even if nobody is listening )

(Stop flagging! I agreed with you for Christ’s sake. Where did all these nannies come from?)

Yep. Take it to another thread.

6 Likes

Well, this particular threat was laid on the doorstep of an entire American community (and it did involve trespassing). People are listening to you, but what they’re hearing is you downplaying a threat by a racist.

[ETA: I’m not flagging. you’re somewhat on-topic, even if you’re wrong]

16 Likes

The Secret Service (etc.) kept it from being in the public awareness, but there were lots of credible threats thwarted…much more than with other presidents, in fact. Gee, I wonder why? :wink:

15 Likes

Whoa, that IS my neighborhood, and this is the first I’m hearing or seeing of it. Funny, since it’s a weird mix of progressive Northern Virginia yuppies and long-time residents (many of whom are also the target of neo-Nazi types for other reasons).

That said, a few streets over is an even richer, more yuppified area that also happens to have everyone’s most punchable Nazi currently living there, so not surprised.

2 Likes

+10000 because I have a huge crush on her, and this was my reaction on seeing that sort of posting both here and local DC news sites.

3 Likes

Let’s please keep the meta discussion to a minimum here. I’ve been clear that discussing this as a prank unless proven otherwise is inappropriate, and what the options are if you believe otherwise. Please respect the feelings of those for whom this sort of action has very real connotations (and my time in moderating!). Thank you.

10 Likes

Yep, and a now shop-worn spinoff from that is the term “politically correct”. I see the subtext in its derisive use implying that the person who is accused of being PC is actually of a different mind and just ‘playing at being nice’, as if racist boneheads need to photo-shop you into their rotten club. A couple of times in the past few years I’ve been accused of being PC, and both times I spoke back, correcting the accuser, telling them that I was not being PC… but C… correct, as in perfectly right and fair. In the context that I’ve just laid out, the PC accusation seems to be pulled from the same conservative quiver occupied by the ‘liberals are intolerant [also]’ accusation.

13 Likes

Yep, right next to the “SJW” arrow.

15 Likes

Then we should counter with ‘Social Injustice Warriors’. Fair is far.

8 Likes

You there, stick around; and keep posting.

I may have to transpose your salient point about the numbers into a meme, because I find myself having this same conversation far too often.

22 Likes

I’m somewhere between Social Justice Rogue and Social Justice Barbarian.

8 Likes

I’m a Social Justice Covfefe.

8 Likes

An interesting point in that it means it may be harder to find the perp if the noose has been simply dropped, as opposed to installed.

1 Like

What this world needs are Social Justice Jedi.

4 Likes

The Civil War ain’t over; the arsehole slavers just kept their heads down for a bit.

Unfortunately, this time they’ve seized control of the Army as well as the legislature and judiciary.

8 Likes

I like my saviours to be based in reality.

Social Justice Scientist. Social Justice Historian. Social Justice Surgeon. Social Justice Teacher.

Hell, I’ll even accept Social Justice Engineers. They can’t all be glibertarians.

14 Likes

Hey. I take that personally.

7 Likes

Thanks, I guess :confused:

8 Likes

Can I steal this?

12 Likes