Someone is angry about Taylor Swift's Vagina

She’ll just (wait for it) Shake it Off.

I’ll see myself out now.

3 Likes

I… What…

THAT’S NOT HOW VAGINAS… Erm… LABIAS… Erm… ANY OF IT WORKS!

So many questions. Like has this person seen a vulva? Does this person think that they can administer a virginity test on their daughter using this criteria? (God, I hope not.)

I’m like… just… can’t… No! incoherent with rage and disbelief. When I was growing up, my thirteen year old friends would say things like this between giggles. Now I’m thirty, and I realize that the adult world I live in is full of thirteen year olds with money, time, and power.

Fuck this guy.

ETA: It’s a woman.

Well fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me. That just puts the cherry on this awesome turd sundae.

21 Likes

Somebody should send her that recent article in the NY times about genital grooming.

Oh great, now I can’t stop thinking of Taylor Swift’s uvula.

4 Likes

Forgive me for contradicting you, especially on your birthday (happy birthday! :birthday:) but I thought the vulva was the whole genital area incorporating the labia and vagina, the labia both sets of lips and the vagina technically the passage leading to the cervix etc.

1 Like

How many Freudians does it take to change a light bulb?

Two: one to change the bulb, and the other to hold the penis. Ladder. Hold the ladder.

11 Likes

I’m just happy it wasn’t Trump this time.

2 Likes

She doesn’t deserve the attention to whatever disorder she suffers from.

1 Like

You are correct; thanks!

2 Likes

In an era when “literally” doesn’t mean “literally” any more and we’re supposed to celebrate that, I think we have to accept that “vagina” now means “vulva” for a vast proportion of English speakers.

3 Likes

Frankly, I think she needs to do something about her vuvuzela.

9 Likes

Didn’t even know she drove a Volvo.

10 Likes

I once made an offhand joke that conflated the two and got schooled by my aunt who’s a nurse. It stung, even in jest!

2 Likes

It’s a debate that it’s best not to get invulvaed with.

12 Likes

Please no. They make a useful anatomical distinction and conflating the two just results in less precision and possibility for confusion. That’s made even worse by the fact that the common colloquial terms are imprecise and usually considered crude as well.

At least when talking about male genitalia it’s possible to vary the terms used from technical, through cutesy to crude and still be precise all the way. Why can’t we have that for female genitalia as well, instead of advocating for even more confusion?

4 Likes

I’m gonna be honest here: I spend a lot of time thinking about Taylor Swift’s vulva.

I’m not sure what that has to do with Jesus or sandwiches, but there it is.

2 Likes

Or at least brings a bag of chips and some iced tea.

Maybe a song

You…
Said my vagina looks like a sandwich

Shit what rhymes with sandwich?

Miles Standish

4 Likes

Is she saying labia shape corresponds to promiscuity? Is that a thing?

I have been staring at this tweet on and off since this thread has gone up and that’s the closest to “understanding” that I can reach here.

2 Likes