Something is coming in the mail

Lucky for him. Critical variances can be lethal. Or embarrassing.

6 Likes

Huh - really. Never met Morrison, didnā€™t realize he was so short. Not that 5ā€™ 7" is really short, just expected closer to 6".

I guess they modified the genetics some for the clones.

Unfortunately, itā€™s the homeless guy from around the corner.

Do what now?

Iā€™m guessing heā€™s trying to keep his comment stats up withā€¦

No nevermind, Iā€™ve got nothing ā€¦

Wait wait - I get ā€¦

ā€œSomething is coming in the mailā€¦ā€

ā€œUnfortunately, itā€™s the homeless guy from around the corner.ā€

Thank you and good night, folks! Heā€™ll be here all week. Donā€™t forget to tip you servers!

6 Likes

In response to the original post though, that kit looks awesome. I donā€™t have the coin currently to throw into a project like that, but it is super cool.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the thing, I got it so cheap I had to do it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m personally not much of a collector of physical items. But I do like to get my hands on rare data.

I spent five years trying to find a copy of Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade, and after scouring the web went to the Demonoid forums (back before they were destroyed and the site was still active) hat in hand, and begged. One charitable soul had the English dub on VHS, and they kindly digitized it and seeded it for me.

It was released in North America in 1999, but did so poorly only a few thousand copies were ever sold. Itā€™s been re-released on DVD and Blu-Ray since then.

1 Like

I didnā€™t know that was hard to find.

I remember renting that on VHS when it came out. I liked it. Loved the whole belt fed system idea, even if it would be grossly impractical and those MG-42s were never meant to be just hip fired by a single person. They were crew served and bipod or tripod mounted.

1 Like

It was difficult to find online during the noughties. But these days pretty much everything is available.

So when I actively start in - yā€™all want me to make a thread detailing the process?

Some guy on io9 did it recently, but didnā€™t do a great job IMHO.

Found out I have to wait till April for the soft goods. And the gloves are like rubber or latex. Which is screen accurate but if I spend all day in them I might get something else.

1 Like

I vote yes!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 387 days. New replies are no longer allowed.