Sonoma County District Attorney admits story of 6-year-old dying of fentanyl overdose in playground was fabricated

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/19/sonoma-county-district-attorney-admits-story-of-6-year-old-dying-of-fentanyl-overdose-in-playground-was-fabricated-for-campaign.html

6 Likes

shocked philip j fry GIF

8 Likes

This is exactly the logic that led to the disastrous drug policies that punished crack cocaine possession at 100 times the rate of powdered cocaine possession.

26 Likes

:exploding_head:
Amaturo Sonoma Media Group and the Sonoma County DA will be penalized for misuse of federal funds, right?

Anyone?

21 Likes

When the story goes back up on the website, there will be an apple with a razorblade in the pile of fentanyl.

20 Likes

“Kids, today’s weed is 100× as strong as the weed your parents smoked” … no matter how old you are or when your parents smoked it :thinking:

17 Likes

Nice try. I think that if my dad smoked weed he wouldn’t be nearly as big of an asshole.

15 Likes

Yeah, pfft, what do people who’ve studied this stuff for years and years and years, and whose jobs are literally to understand medicines effects on people, know about it, right? I know better because my “gut” tells me I do.

A little bit of healthy skepticism of experts is fine, but this is getting ridiculous. Between this, and COVID, and climate change, nobody wants to believe the science anymore.

18 Likes

Get her on the fucking stand somewhere!

6 Likes

david fincher fbi GIF

4 Likes

Apples and oranges?

4 Likes

No way, this is totally true, just like that babysitter who got super high and put the baby in the oven because she had the munchies and mistook it for a roast, or the guy who took too much LSD and it stayed in his system forever and every time he cracked his spine he thought he was covered in spiders. My brother’s dentist’s cousin’s chiropractor’s dog said so!

22 Likes

19 Likes

it could be as simple as, “hey, chatgpt. write a tear-jerking story about a little girl that died from a fentanyl overdose.” copy, paste, publish.

6 Likes

Firstly, SHE SEEMS NICE!

And also, I’ve done this stuff, under different circumstances, liked it.
Yeah, sad excuse for a human, I suppose.

3 Likes

9 Likes

“…we’re trying to educate.”

ARE YA THOUGH? * ThorAndStarlord.gif *

10 Likes

12 Likes

Stop It Players Association GIF by NBPA

9 Likes

And an observant reply

13 Likes