Sourpuss walks into a pole

Nah, this guy is making Australia gawky again.

4 Likes

Hey - I too will give somebody the stink-eye if they stop in the cross walk.

As for this guy, well, I’m in the Cross Walking Sourpuss Club and he’s never at the meetings.

4 Likes

When I was in high school, I was leading my cross-country team on a training run in town near the school. An old lady in a huge Lincoln pulled out across the sidewalk right in front of us and stopped. I just leaped up onto the hood by instinct and kept running. It was that or run into the fender (and probably get crushed by a half-dozen of my teammates one stride behind me). The whole team followed me up and over the hood. The last guy in the pack told us the look on her face was priceless.

20 Likes

That guy was having a bad day.

4 Likes

Later that day, he was seen chasing kids off his lawn before stepping on a rake.

14 Likes

You are a rockstar!

2 Likes

My 1.75 seconds of fame.

4 Likes

I know, right? So much threat, like something out of a movie about an abusive drunk.

That’s pretty awesome. My husband had a car pull in front of his bike at a mall entrance. His bike smacked into the side and he did a somersault over the hood and landed on his feet on the other side. He also did this on the road when he came of his motorcycle for the same reason. Me, I’d just splat and get a head injury.

5 Likes

I did see a guy sort of butt-scoot his way across an errant driver’s hood once, but he was kind of chunky and was doing it to make a point. Your story has far more savoire faire!
(Though I daresay both drivers had the same look.)

2 Likes

I feel sorry for the dog.

10 Likes

Reminds me of someone at war with life, and her dog. She slept in my bedroom one night, while I took the couch, and her dog decided to join me.
She tried to coax him to the bedroom, but he simply looked at her like, “I’m staying here. What of it?”

5 Likes

Some people just like to feel they can exert control by telling strangers what to do, when the strangers aren’t really doing anything.

It appears poles don’t like that either.

But seriously, did you see how he got mad at the driver for himself hitting the pole?

4 Likes

The driver laughed, and that made him even madder.

It was the second best part of the clip, after the actual moment of impact.

6 Likes

are there or were there insurance risks for such

We have a saying here in Germany: “Kleine Sünden bestraft der liebe Gott sofort”- “God always punishes the little sins instantly”. I guess thats our version of Insta-Karma and it may or may not apply here.

4 Likes

By the nine-tongued kicks of NuSnoop, they walked into your city to be actually hit by you, not almost! Let them know what Erdogan would do if the Hague weren’t just so busy</> this time of year.

3 Likes

Hearted. I only wish Discourse had an LOL button.

1 Like

Angry entitled white male being a gratuitous dick to strangers is a thing. The same behavior can be found in toddlers, but they have the good grace to grow out of it.

5 Likes

I disagree with all of you.

My reaction would be exactly the same as the gentleman’s in the red cap. I think the driving style was inappropriate. The driver would have scared the bejeezus out of anyone crossing that street with his apparent lack of intention to stop for the traffic light (and only break at the last moment).

When you are stopping before a sign, don’t do it at the last moment. Show your intent well in advance to all vulnerable road users—instead of showcasing your leet driving skills and superior reaction time.

Also, there’s no such thing as Karma. That man walking into that pole can be fully attributed to the driver distracting him.

1 Like