South Dakota state rep fired from job after posting "All Lives Splatter" meme

The guys in those tanks had a conscience. I’m not so sure that’s true of the alt-right in America today.

6 Likes

Note. I never said it should be illegal. I never said it should ok for idiots to run anyone down.

I said: I don’t like it. I’m not a fan. I don’t think it’s safe. I feel there are better ways in this country to oppose things.

1 Like

Yep, this is actually worse than the old stand by, “Now isn’t the time to apportion blame, instead, we should “learn” from this and move on…”

They are truly sorrowful, about your mistake.

1 Like

(for a second there I read that as “Peter Graves”)

“mistakes were made”

Whomever that 3rd person is, he’s totally incompetent. (which should inform you as to their base opinions of ALL 3rd parties)

2 Likes

To the tune of Kokomo: Enormous, mendacious, disembodied anus…

(apologies to The Editors and All Internet Traditions, of which I am aware)

5 Likes

Five steps to a truly effective apology:

1. admit that what you did was wrong
  2. express a clear understanding of why your actions were wrong and how those actions hurt people
  3. express genuine remorse for having hurt people
  4. describe a clear plan of action that ensures those you hurt that it will not happen again
  5. make a meaningful gesture of amends and reconciliation

She failed Step One. Apology rating: F.

7 Likes

I think this the root of her problem.

4 Likes

First thing I saw

It’s not so much that she condoned vehicular homicide, more that she thought it was funny. Which it kinda was, in Death Race 2000. Not so much in real life.

3 Likes

Perhaps someone needs to forward this article from John Scalzi’s blog to Rep. DiSanto and highlight the first two paragraphs under the style notes.

Apology not accepted, Ms. DiSanto. Do it again, and this time do it right.

That statement should be immediately challenged with something to the effect of “If we should learn from this, tell us exactly what have YOU learned from this.”

3 Likes

I think that “learn” in this context means “ignore” :wink:

I always thought ‘learn’ in that context meant immediately institute a wide ranging, long term internal inquiry.

But then I watch too much Yes Minister.

1 Like

That’s a white wash, right :smiley:

2 Likes

Jim: This is a whitewash.
Sir Humphrey: No no no no, not really, it shares out the blame equally.
Bernard: More of a greywash.

6 Likes

“Yes, (Prime) Minister”, so funny and so true. :wink:

Related:

3 Likes

Doesn’t Veep sort of fulfil this need for cynical American political comedy (particularly the earlier seasons, which were just viciously cynical about the horrible people in politics).

2 Likes

It’s just that we don’t get the joke. It’s very subtle humor.

7 Likes