South Dakota state rep fired from job after posting "All Lives Splatter" meme

In the shape of a flexing GOP anus.

Sorry.

No. I’m not sorry. Anus, anus, anus!

4 Likes

The other one that bugs me is when people get busted doing something racist and they say “I’m sorry. That’s not who I am.” Wrong, smarty, that’s exactly who you are!

13 Likes

Obligatory:

4 Likes

Except somehow republicans never listen to them when it comes to things where they want to shove their own views down everyone’s throat.

Anyone who claims to support “small government” but thinks drugs should be illegal is a worthless fucking hypocrite.

14 Likes

jeepers-creepers!

1 Like

Thankfully, we have the freedom to say things that others may find deeply offensive. And in many cases we should not refrain from doing so on the basis of the “hurt” it may cause. But when we do say or do something that others find offensive, we need to own it, be honest, and admit to the real reasons we said it.

3 Likes

I nearly think they did.

1 Like

Yeah, that not-pology never worked for my girlfriend either… First, I would do it back to her to show her how bad it was. She sort of saw the light. In the sense that she never again apologized for anything.

in a related story, she’s homeless now.

6 Likes

With the added twist of the knife where she doesn’t even admit that anyone was offended. “If people took offence…”

Right, all those people are just crisis actors pretending to be offended.

3 Likes

Red State–what do you expect? It’s not like Republicans have any personal moral standards for themselves, just standards for other people.

4 Likes

Once again I am sorry for my home state

1 Like
1 Like

I’ve gotten so I absolutely despise Republicans.

5 Likes

I know what she said was reprehensible, but anyone else mesmerized by her David Byrne-esque padded shoulders?

2 Likes

That’s a pretty negative road safety ad.

1 Like

7 Likes

So far, the only “small government” types showing any resistance at all to fascism are the anarchists.

Which is entirely unsurprising.

6 Likes

When facing an aggressive fascist government, asking for protest permits and traffic marshals is often futile and counterproductive. There is a place for polite demonstration, but it won’t do the job on its own.

There are two types of protest:

1. The modern American Liberal tradition, where you arrange to gather in a way that doesn’t inconvenience people and try to change hearts and minds with signs, speeches and theatre. This is the threat of power rather than the use of it; the idea is to demonstrate to politicians that a committed voting bloc opposes them.

2. Then there is the other type of protest, used by the American underclass and most of the non-US world. In this version, you arrange to gather in a way that causes as much inconvenience as possible. The idea is not to change hearts and minds; the idea is to shut shit down. This is the use of power, not just the threat of it.

The first is a demonstration. The second is a strike. Both of them can be done peacefully and non-destructively.

11 Likes

However, I don’t see how a strike won’t lead to violence in today’s America.

2 Likes

Peaceful action by the protestors does not imply peaceful action by the authorities.

Yes, there are going to be police riots in response. They just have to be endured. Unfortunately, the situation is a long way past the point where that was avoidable.

However: there are hundreds of millions of people in America. There are not millions of cops. Scale it up enough, and they run out of thugs in blue.

9 Likes