Special counsel Mueller is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice charges

You may be right, but it’s my understanding that presidents over the years have seized power that the Fathers never intended for them to have. They make war on other countries, for example, when the Constitution says only Congress can declare war. I don’t think Executive Orders were meant to be what they are today.

6 Likes

And has been for, oh, decades.

1 Like

My prediction: “What he did was pretty close to obstruction but not quite. Case closed.”

2 Likes

Yes. What is your predicted time-frame? I give it three months, tops. More like 2.

1 Like

In fairness, Comey is also a registered Republican. ETA: Was I guess until last year. Wikipedia lists him as Independant now. /shrug

2 Likes

To begin with, “let’s not” go making ‘you and I’ into an ‘us.

You have your opinion, to which you are entitled; and I have mine.

There is no “us,” here; this discussion needn’t employ any false collectivism.

Next up, I didn’t say or even imply that there’s a “magic solution” coming from anywhere, right or left; I said, ver batim, that a line had to be drawn some damn place.

It’s easy to be a defeatist naysayer with no solutions whatsoever; it’s much harder not to just abandon all hope because 'everything is permanently fucked and there’s absolutely nothing we can ever do about it!’

I don’t truck with that mentality; but if you do, then it’s whatever floats your boat… but don’t try to capsize mine.

Now good day.

4 Likes

Understood. However, your concentration on my usage belies understanding the original point, which is paraphrased: “Wake up, fantasy people! Bob Mueller is not going to fix this!” Which was in response to the praying children and otters. Not going to happen, so I was calling out the misplaced hope. It’s not hopeless, generally, as you suggested incorrectly about my earlier post. Mueller is simply the wrong person to place that hope in.

Sheeple, amirite? :smirk: /s

5 Likes

8 Likes

12 Likes

6 Likes

10 Likes

6 Likes

Dude, we’re all just cogs in the meat machine.

8 Likes

Reminds me of that Bacharach/David song, “Promise Her Anything”:

“She doesn’t really want
the things that you can never get.
Still every now and then
maybe she’ll complain a bit
Because she feels upset.”

4 Likes

Just more bricks in the wall…

7 Likes

You know, I got introduced to Cyriak through BB. Very disturbing. So be it. But Trumpian Surrealism is making Cyriak look like Walt Disney.

7 Likes

We don’t need no thought control…

9 Likes

“No dark sarcasm in the classroom…”

7 Likes

It’s what I learned as a kid, and I passed it on to my kid: If you lie, you will eventually be found out. It might take a while but it will happen.

Plus, when - if? - will humans ever learn that the surest way to get someone up one’s ass when they ask you questions is to refuse to answer them, instead of saying, “Sure, hey, I got nothin’ to hide”?, whether one does or not?

I’m guessing “NEVAH!”

5 Likes