Spitting anti-masker unceremoniously removed from bus

I’m surprised no one here has yet brought up the violence-against-women aspect of this incident. If the spitter had been a man, things might have turned out differently.

2 Likes

The woman appears to be Asian as well.

The violence against women aspect is:

A woman assaulted a dude, so he shoved her gross, abusive ass off the bus.

Big lesson here: Don’t spit on people. Especially don’t spit on people if you aren’t ready to have people react violently against you in retaliation for your assaulting them. This is preschool level socialization guys.

11 Likes

Interesting choice of words. Everything that took place in this short video seemed preschool level to me - not behavior to defend or emulate

2 Likes

okay, well, enjoy making sure everyone else peacefully tolerates abuse and being put in danger.

1 Like

Whoa, that’s not what I said at all.

Yes, it really really is. You are also telling people not to take action when their lives are in danger from someone whose actions could result in an agonizing death.

5 Likes

Sure, he could have taken the high road and called the police, but she might have continued to spit on him (or worse, pulled out a weapon). He didn’t necessarily know anybody was recording, or that any of the witnesses would reliably support him. #punchanazi

4 Likes

No, I’m not. I’m not telling anyone to do or not to do anything.

1 Like

Your first sentence is what I was writing about in part with my earlier posting. If you don’t protect yourself or fight back, the perpetrator may continue the attack or escalate. My philosophy is that with any physical attack on me is an attempt to kill or maim me - I’ll protect myself to the best of my ability. Every fight is a fight for my life and I have a couple of decades of training in that regard. A lot of people think that mindset is extreme but there are numerous cases where a person is attacked or simply shoved and hits their head or sustains some other injury that permanently disables them or kills them.
AFAIK all Translink buses have several video cameras recording activity on them at all times.

1 Like

Calling police or reporting her to the driver just gives her lots of time to yell and spit and shed virus into an enclosed space full of people. This was the most efficient solution to the problem, and pretty kind really. I probably would have done more than just gave her the bum’s rush.

4 Likes

For real, people act like the police are superheroes ready to spring into action at a moment’s notice.

3 Likes

Maybe. But I didn’t see people clapping, and someone got off the bus to make sure she was okay.

Note to self: if I need to ride public transport invest in a clear full face mask to wear with my cloth mask.

3 Likes

God knows who might have gotten shot if the police showed up.

2 Likes

You mistake North American nations for “civil societies”. Some civility may be shown at times, but mad dogs abound. I will not passively tolerate being assaulted. In the pandemic, that includes any unmasked person approaching within two yards | meters of me when I can’t readily move to avoid them. Nobody has the ‘right’ to infect anyone else. I will defend myself. My walking stick has a spiky end. Stay back.

4 Likes

15 Likes

I don’t remember the last time I clapped at a non-theatrical incident in my life, but I’m pretty sure that some of them have been okay.

Checking that someone who just got chucked off a bus is okay is a laudable show of empathy, but it doesn’t follow that she shouldn’t have been chucked off the bus.

2 Likes

That’s a tough one. Everyone involved was white.

In Canada the odds of being killed in a police/civilian confrontation is less than 1/3 of the likelihood of death in the US given the same circumstances.