St Louis couple point guns at peaceful protestors on street by mansion

I already mentioned that the gun safety was atrocious, but pointing the gun at the protesters was no accident.

25 Likes

He’d much rather have the conversation be about racism and guns than dereliction of duty.

Racism and guns are his bread and butter.

24 Likes

This is extra scary because it’s so painfully obvious neither of them have ever had any sort of training on those weapons. Even a basic safety class at a range, as would be required in every other country. The woman is holding that pistol like a cellphone and the dude’s grievous errors have been highlighted by others above.

Driving a car requires training, testing, licensing, and insurance. But these idiots get guns.

61 Likes

The ironic thing is they couldn’t/wouldn’t be standing on their lawn threatening people with their guns, if that crowd wasn’t peaceful. If that had been an armed mob intent on violence, they’d be in a world of hurt, well before they got to their panic room.

20 Likes

Yeah. It’s called brandishing.

14 Likes

Jesus Christ, these assholes are waving these guns around like they’re gesturing at the azaleas they’re telling the gardeners to trim.

In a sane world, the sheriff would be at these people’s house right now collecting all their firearms and telling them they’ll be returned in the form of a pile of slag in six to eight weeks.

38 Likes

Ding ding ding - we have a winner!
Also, they’re probably just emulating the police, who’ve made it very clear that’s what they want.

19 Likes

I don’t if they’ve shown enough responsibility and brains to even get the slag back.

4 Likes

We have always been at war with the other.

11 Likes

Textbook white privilege, and white entitlement.

12 year old Tamir Rice was shot in seconds by a cop for playing with a toy gun in his neighborhood park. These two know they have no such worries.

61 Likes

I had one of those as a kid. And strangely, don’t own any firearms now.

8 Likes

Via his bladder.

16 Likes

Apparently dude with the AR is some sort of big shot lawyer in town, go figure.

4 Likes

My new word of the day.

She also does that to the crowd of protestors with her finger on the trigger.

13 Likes

And likely now a headache for his firm. If he does work for one, welp, buh bye Felicia.

Hopefully his getting fired is going to be the least of their troubles.

20 Likes

Well, it could be a pre-ban weapon which, I think, would make it legal to own. Of course, such weapons are very expensive so only the “right” sort of people can afford them.

The couple should be arrested - maybe with a no knock warrant.

8 Likes

The face of racism. Violent, dimwitted, unhinged, privileged, absolutely pants-shittingly terrified of normal, reasonable people who don’t even mean them any harm.

I hope they go away for a long time. They’re the dangerous ones here.

19 Likes

It would at least be a good start. I wouldn’t place money on ANYTHING happening to these two.

6 Likes

“The problem of the twentieth century” wrote W. E. B. DuBois in The Souls of Black Folk in 1903, “is the problem of the color line.” The words of the great African-American writer on race relations was [sic!] as much a statement of historical trend as prophecy. By the time those words appeared in The Souls of Black Folk the lines of segregation in America were drawn in thick, bold lines. St. Louis was no different. Racial segregation was institutionalized in St. Louis by intent, accident, or benign neglect throughout its history, effecting the nature of race relations in the city today.

I used to live there too. Gone and never going back.
I am non-white and look it: there’s no way I could pass even if I tried.

St. Louis is quietly notorious for its long history of white supremacy.
Or, maybe not so quietly these days since people have cameras on their smartphones and places to post evidence on the web.

Mapping Decline documents a staggering set bad faith actions by the rentier class and other wealthy people who have capitalized (in every sense of that word) on institutionalized racism in St. Louis but is a lather-rinse-repeat tale of a lot of American cities.

Cities must evolve or die.

Motion fucking seconded.
Gonna write her a thank you note right now.

078-sagan-destroyed-truth

ETA: added sic because bad grammar is bad, no matter who wrote it

29 Likes

And lots of money.

6 Likes