St Louis couple point guns at peaceful protestors on street by mansion

From another thread, this is the inside of their lovely home:

19 Likes

An aside - While it may not be the case in this particular neighborhood, I was struck by density(?) with which overly rich neighborhoods and very poor neighborhoods were repeatedly atop each other over very short distances in St. Louis. Now, this was 15 years ago, so perhaps things have changed, but I suspect not.

Back on topic - this couple - they’re quite special. :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

So good taste can be added to the list of things money can’t buy, along with good judgement and common decency.

16 Likes

It’s Texas Missouri and they’re standing on their own property. I think “a man’s home is his castle” laws apply, unfortunately.

3 Likes

Missouri. And they were pointing guns at people in the street. Keep up.

8 Likes

And separately, I see she’s already used to wearing black and white stripes.

4 Likes

Me, too. I can clearly remember the sound it made.

2 Likes

With that house? He’s got to be a named partner. Which means they can’t throw him out.

7 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know what came over me. Missouri, of course. I think I have too much Texas on the brain this week, for other reasons.

9 Likes

I’m exhausted looking at those stairs, much less imagining climbing them every day.

Also, you can’t point guns at people. Pretty sure that is a type of brandishing… or looking up MO laws: “(4) Exhibits, in the presence of one or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner;”

I doubt they will be charged, and if they are, have it lawyered down to a fine. Which means it’s legal for rich people.

16 Likes

That’s America in a nutshell. Guns before dialogue. Threats before conversation.

7 Likes

Oh yes they can. They can’t fire him, but they can push, make things unpleasant, blackmail him, poach his clients, threaten his shares if he doesn’t leave, defund him by not allowing him the juicy cases, or, if all else fails, leave the firm en masse and take all the associates and clients with them.
These are lawyers. Named partner or not, they’ll find a way if they are motivated.

So now we just need the firm name and client list so we can send concerned letters to each client. I hope it’s a corporate firm with clients who have images to keep polished.

11 Likes

Apparently the St. Louis Post-Dispatch has a Signal account.
Their Signal number is listed on this page:

6 Likes

And Black people.

7 Likes

0zs07500bs751.png

41 Likes

If he does get fired, I can see the headlines now: “Barr dumped! Scared khaki man to head DOJ”

6 Likes

That and her trigger discipline is staggeringly bad.
pointing a gun at people with her finger on the trigger.

too much WTF for words.

16 Likes

When I was a kid growing up in the wilds of New York City, a ‘Saturday Night Special’ was a homemade handgun, usually assembled from of all things, rubber bands and an automobile antennae for a barrel, with a single bullet capability. My understanding is that more often than mot, you might lose a finger before actually hitting a target.
That lady most certainly is not carrying a Saturday Night Special. That lady is armed, and presumably dangerous.

1 Like

This woman has never fired a gun in her life. If she shoots holding it like that, the recoil is sending that gun straight into her teeth.

12 Likes

Huh.
Are they running a hotel for their superabundant egos?

Do they really understand the optics here?

(I realize the architecture is Italianate but hey Bastille Day is about two weeks from now.)

9 Likes