Star of racist deli rant identified as Trump-donating NYC lawyer Aaron Schlossberg

The type of publicity stunt that slams your Google and Yelp reviews to 1 star over the course of a few hours?

Maybe.

(To your point he’s probably attracted a certain niche client.)

14 Likes

Hate has a tendency to crowd out rational thought.

13 Likes

Practicing law without a license seems more like FBI territory, no?

2 Likes

Bar membership isn’t a license, it’s a professional affiliation. One can practise law in NYC without being a member of the bar, but one won’t have very many clients.

He falsely represented himself in advertising as a member of an association that is very touchy and naturally litigious about that kind of thing.

17 Likes
5 Likes

But it only says that so he can heap racist abuse on people without having to leave the office.

If they’re fine with racism, then yeah, they’re racist. And given that Trump’s initial utterances and central campaign promises - and the ones he’s made any effort to keep - were racist, I’m hard pressed to see what else he really has to offer anyone, realistically.

25 Likes

Gosh, he seems n… nasty? nazi? nuts? nativist?
And OF COURSE he donated to Herr Drumpf’s campaign of error.
This is the way these folks envision Making America Great Again: by being enormous assholes.

I hope every food truck in town knows his face and spits in his food. “Hold on Sen… errr I mean Sir! sir. yes. I am seasoning your bologna and ketchup sandwich properly” (by wiping my ass with it). Bet he’ll get a sweet job offer to join Donny Dollhands crack legal team.

Let’s hope the bar takes him for every cent he owns and more. Christ, what a late stage capitalism.

3 Likes

I bet the dumb shit wishes he’d kept his mouth shut…too bad…too late. Lo siento pendejo.

9 Likes

“speaking Spanish to customers when they should be speaking English”

I wonder how comfortable he would feel about defending that position in a court of law?

13 Likes
16 Likes

Aha, I see – this was an audition for a job in the current administration. (“Do an outrageously racist thing, get on Fox, be seen by Trump…”)

12 Likes

#NotAllTrumpSupporters

3 Likes

I kind of thought about that myself…show yourself to be a whore for haters and strut your lowlife ass out on the corner.

1 Like

giphy%20(3)

7 Likes

Your definition of racism needs to be updated to being OK with racist behavior in others.

12 Likes

Obligs:

16 Likes

Per his website, he holds seminars on “Civil Injunctive Relief”. In other words, having taken that seminar, one could understand the process involved in obtaining a court order to stop Schlossberg from being an asshole in public.

There may be a lot going on with this guy. His web-vitae indicates stints at two previous law firms; now he’s running his own. I may be wrong, but isn’t that sometimes an indication of not fitting in (as in no way would they make him a partner, so might as well go solo)?

7 Likes

Right. And the people marching under Nazi flags in Charlottesville weren’t Nazis, just Nazi-adjacent.

Look, if by this time people haven’t disavowed him it is because they are either a) virulent racists or b) willfully ignorant. Since willful ignorance is the lifeblood of systemic racism they’re complicit.

11 Likes

I don’t necessarily have control over the behavior of other people.

Trump couldn’t reject the votes of people he doesn’t agree with. Not that he would, the guy is shameless. But theoretically he couldn’t stop racists from voting for him, beyond saying those exact words. (even then, someone would interpret it as a dogwhistle)