Stephen Colbert explains Jesus' position on ripping children from their parents to Jeff Sessions

That’s not sarcasm. That’s an accurate appraisal of the mindset assholes like Session et al. actually have.

Apparently Sessions has never read that part about not taking the Lord’s name in vain. Also, can I push his smirking face in with an anvil?

2 Likes

I think he missed this part too

Matthew 6:5-8
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.
6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.
8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

6 Likes

What, and contaminate a perfectly good tool?

You’re very welcome! :+1:

I have a general hope that people will face the afterlife they deserve according to the religion they profess to believe in. If so, there are going to be a lot of people in Hell, Jahannam, Hades, etc.

1 Like

Leviticus 11:42: “And the Lord said: Suffer not a venomous elf in your midst, but rather he shall be taken down to a place of hot rocks and his smirking face pushed in with an anvil.”

6 Likes

I don’t know how long this fight is going to take. Like the Civil Rights struggle it’s indelibly fused with, it might well take generations. But we have to fight because if we don’t, we’ll have to explain to the next generation why we didn’t fight for their future.

The fatalists can sod off while the rest of us get to work.

2 Likes

Yeah, that vibe is weird.

It’s like the kid in the school play who has that one scene where he’s the center of attention. It’s supposed to be a serious scene, but the kid is so stoked at being the star for a moment that they can’t remotely stay in character.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.