Steve Bannon calls for Civil War between MAGA and the GOP (video)

I don’t know where to begin untangling this mess of bothsidesing, but, uh, yeah, welcome to BoingBoing. If you are not very careful, you may learn some things.

11 Likes

Aliens

4 Likes

I never get tired of this one.

6 Likes

Sure… but just note that while Bannon doesn’t look great, that picture of him is very much manipulated…

But the point STILL stands, of course! Idris Elba is gorgeous!

Idris Elba Smile GIF

6 Likes

That’s supposed to be skin? The reptilians are really skimping on wardrobe these days.

Though now that I think about it… what if the real reason Steve Bannon often appears to be wearing one button-up shirt over another is because he’s molting an outer layer?

8 Likes

I’ve been reading Naomi Klein’s new book and she fell into a rabbit hole of listening to Steve Bannon’s internet show during lockdown. It’s quite worrying how much influence he’s got over everyday people and it’s very hard to counter. There’s a very telling sequence in there where she warns her husband, who ran for office in Canada recently that he needed to be ready to answer weird anti-vax questions while out canvassing and he scoffed - until it happened a few times.

10 Likes

When someone posts a comment that seems to espouse a certain viewpoint, I start checking to see how well the post uses the definite article.

10 Likes

6 Likes

Trump as the huckleberry candidate and Linsey Graham as his puppet master? That’s some grade A intel that isn’t well known out here in the reality-based community. Is it common knowledge at the bottom of the rabbit hole?

Oh yeah, and welcome. Looking forward to learning more from you.

10 Likes

84pxu9

8 Likes

Graham was [the] impetus for removing all Russia matters from Trump in Aug. 2017. So if Trump wanted to stay in politics, it was only going to be with [the] approval of Lindsey Graham

Egads!

11 Likes

The important thing here isnt that Bannon is calling for an intra-GOP civil war, it’s that he’s defending George Santos, which tells you all you need to know about what MAGA really means.

11 Likes

I think even if you got exactly what Trump promised in 2016 you’d soon find it didnt work as promised. Mexico is our second largest trading partner. US businesses also rely on immigrant labor. And as for “no wars” Trump was itching to declare war on Iran. Trump told you what you wanted to hear with no real thought or plan on how to implement any of it. He’s a salesman not an economist or historian or politician.

7 Likes

Bannon’s just an authoritarian nihilist.

Yes, that doesn’t make any cohesive sense either.

6 Likes

Welcome6

9 Likes

I just posted this in another thread… worth a listen…

11 Likes

Spasibo. Is better.

5 Likes

I’ve watched a bunch of her interviews from the press tour, this one is still on my list to get to

2 Likes

4 Likes

Nick Offerman Laughing GIF

5 Likes