Steve Bannon calls left-wing reporter out of the blue and unloads on alt-right and GOP

It’s fake news.

4 Likes

Plus, I’m not 100% sure that taking strategy advice from your enemy is a super wise idea.

6 Likes

That was my thought too

4 Likes

The interview is so bizarre I wondered if it was real, or if someone managed to impersonate him to the reporter. I suppose it’s just part of some strategic effort, though?

Hard to believe he’ll have any sort of post-Trump role. Maybe he’s trying to cool efforts to get him out of the White House, but I’ve read that Trump is resistant to the idea because he’s scared of what Bannon (and presumably Breitbart) would do if he booted him.

It’s totally irrelevant how sane and reasonable people are, if they’re not the ones actually in charge, though.

4 Likes

The President alone can’t mobilize troops. He can give orders all he want. If the rest of the people aren’t willing to do that thing, it isn’t going to happen. We have over 28.5K troops in South Korea. Imagine if an artillery barrage killed 1/6th of them there, that would be about the number dead from 10 years in Iraq. (Though I am not sure how many personnel are withing artillery range, but Seol sure is.)

The government is set up with checks and balances still. He doesn’t have dictatorial powers. He can’t even get the “his” party to push through shit legislation because unlike him they have to worry about their political careers.

4 Likes

From what I’ve read there is no legal mechanism for a general to refuse to carry out a nuclear strike just because he thinks it’s a terrible idea. There’s always the hope someone would simply refuse to carry out the order, but that would be an act of mutiny rather than a Constitutional check on the President’s powers.

8 Likes

… sort of, while hoping like hell that the dog continues to break wind like a son of a bitch.

5 Likes

Best Bannon header of the day goes to Wonkette:

"It’s All Fun And Games Until Steve Bannon Drunk-Dials You With His Butt"

steve-bannon

15 Likes

Goes back? I’m sure that the phone and email traffic between Bannon and Breitbart remains high.

4 Likes

Perfect analogy.

1 Like

Serious question.

Is American Prospect really considered to be a far-left publication? I read The Morning Star and anarcho-communist sites and it doesn’t feel anywhere near them politically.

5 Likes

Yes you’re probably right– I don’t actually know. I’m not personally familiar with it but that’s how I saw it described in a vox article. Maybe “left-leaning” is better?

3 Likes

Sounds like a bout of booze induced late night remorse. He might be on drugs though. Or both.

Either that or he sobered up and started realising that his troops are actually idiots.

Introspection is a hell of a thing.

3 Likes

Media is getting played.

11 Likes

No shit.  

8 Likes

It smelled like fish last night and today it smells like shit.

I miss journalism. (sniff)

9 Likes
1 Like

The top White House strategist told DailyMail.com that the interview was a positive since it slowed down the media’s momentum in covering Trump’s Charlottesville remarks.

And what better newspaper to tell that to than the one that supported fascism in the 1930’s

Look at Viscount Rothermere with his BFF
daily mail hitler

10 Likes

So Bannon is willing to do damage control. Somehow that makes him seem more venomous, not less.

4 Likes