Steve Bannon found guilty

With the trial going so quickly I’m disappointed to see that the sentencing hearing won’t happen until October 21.

10 Likes

5 bucks says he tries to flee the country before then.

13 Likes

Let me know when he serves one day.
They all protect each other.

2 Likes

eeyore-keep-smiling

5 Likes

As for the idea that none of these powerful white warpigs ever see the inside of a cell…

(Epstein’s name should be there too.)

23 Likes

I keep hearing that he will appeal, but on what grounds? There was nothing technically wrong with the trial.

3 Likes

They can start with the delouser (noting, of course, it’s only a start for this scumbag).

3 Likes

13 Likes

I was surprised by how quickly that happened, but he offered literally no evidence, had no witnesses, made no valid defense, and his threats about how he was going to bring “hell” to the trial were completely empty, so… really not surprising at all.

I really have to hope it was 10 minutes of everyone instantly declaring him guilty followed by 2 hours and 50 minutes of feeling slightly embarrassed and that they had to pad it out a bit to be seen as giving it due consideration.

60 days is the minimum. It could be as much as two years. If they’re smart, it will be, to avoid having to go through this with more defiant Trumpers thumbing their noses at Congress.

Potentially two years in jail and $200,000 in fines seems a bit more serious than the one or two hundred dollar fine for jaywalking to me…

16 Likes

The fact that running Bannon through the AI filters results in images that make him look better seems like evidence that he’s reached Peak Disgusting.

17 Likes

The Duke of Shambolic Pustulence approves!

Screenshot_20220722-173757_Brave|299xs254

11 Likes

Wah hey! Hiv summa that, ya flakey-faced fuckin’ wanka!
(sorry, had to go full Northern there)

8 Likes

5 Likes

Craiyon, are you trying to warn us?

7 Likes

Did you try “syphilis personified”?

7 Likes

Just to be an asshole.

13 Likes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-trump-adviser-steve-bannon-found-guilty-for-refusing-to-testify-to-jan-6-panel/ar-AAZRW3V

Bannon’s attorneys said they’d hoped to put on a more robust case for their client, but that Nichols effectively foreclosed that by ruling they could not argue to the jury that Bannon was relying on a lawyer’s advice when he did not attend a scheduled deposition last October and did not turn over any of the documents the House Jan. 6 panel demanded.

Nichols, a Trump appointee, said on several occasions that in his view the six-decade-old D.C. Circuit ruling [ which guided his own ruling ] was probably incorrect under present legal standards, but that as a trial court judge he was obligated to follow the precedent until and unless it was overturned.

The viability of that precedent is likely to be at the center of Bannon’s appeal and could make its way to the Supreme Court.

( eta: but really… what @knoxblox said )

9 Likes

I think he was left out because Epstein was never part of the administration and went to prison for crimes that were (at least as far as we know) unrelated to Trump.

A list of all Trump’s friends and associates who served time would be too long for a one-panel comic.

8 Likes

Unlikely. Nichols is probably one of if not the most sympathetic judges Bannon was likely to encounter in DC. If he thought he had to rule that way, it’s unlikely to be taken seriously at appeal.

10 Likes

Maybe they had one of these situations.

8 Likes