Steve Bannon was arrested on a boat, and the U.S. Postal Service was involved

That’s some good Scootin’-froody. :wink:

7 Likes

On a boat? And the USPS was involved?

I don’t know what sovereign citizens are supposed to think about this. Admiralty law and the constitution are mixing!

8 Likes

At one point, my wife was looking at a job at the EPA where she might carry a government issued firearm.

7 Likes

TAKE TO THE SEA!

“That’s what they said on ask Jeeves.”

3 Likes

I interned in a state Medicare fraud office and their investigators were armed. Medicare fraud.

11 Likes

And to think, some of you thought the Postal Navy was a waste of money!

7 Likes

150 foot boat is a YACHT. Also, FUCK BANNON! Yacht in question:LADY-MAY-1

10 Likes

Well, this surprising good news is rather odd…

22 Likes

You’re kidding, right? He uses that stuff instead of Vermouth in his martinis.

7 Likes

Just paste the URL of the tweet into your post, OneBox will take care of it just like an article link.

It’s good to see the writers for this season have a real commitment to keeping all of these juggled balls interconnected.

13 Likes

It makes sense–the caveat being that they need to be used appropriately (i.e., your Portland example).

I am specifically thinking of my uncle here, who as a game warden in Arizona could and did arrest people from time to time. Regular police are not equipped to handle the issues that a game warden handles, and presumably would just laugh if you brought mail fraud to them.

Having said that, you get into trouble with the areas of overlap.

2 Likes

Ah, good, you looked it up! I knew this because I had an agent stop by my house a few years ago after my postal carrier reported two packages stollen from my porch (my carrier actually found the empty boxes on his return walk to his truck), and I asked the agent “what’s up with the gun?”

@Mindysan33: Green Shirt Guy fits this Bannon arrest so well!

14 Likes

And not a small one either. That’s borderline superyacht.

4 Likes

Will he get issued multiple jumpsuits so he can continue his odd shirt layering?

8 Likes

The notice probably got lost in the mail.

3 Likes

I dunno, they could have written a more believable arrest scenario. This just seems so over the top. What’s the term I’m looking for?

21 Likes

Ba-na-na-non!
Ba-na-na-non!
Hey hey hey, goodbye!

(Meh, as if! The guy is an unflushable turd.)

7 Likes

Oh yes. They’re the people who investigate mail fraud (as @Shuck and @mr_raccoon have posted).

I took my turn on a federal grand jury and the only thing I can say is that you really shouldn’t use USPS to commit crimes. They will catch you.

I’m not sure if the postmaster general gets briefings about every open investigation.* My guess is that there are hundreds of active investigations going at any time.

(*or at least this is how they’ll spin it.)

20 Likes

Still waiting for his mugshot- and maybe a nice perp walk!

13 Likes

So… showboating?

12 Likes