Steve Bannon was arrested on a boat, and the U.S. Postal Service was involved

I wonder if this is a play to get to Trump. :pray: Either way, another shitbird down.

3 Likes

I know one, they are highly trained and do a dangerous job.

5 Likes

Soooooo many agencies to defund and replace with a crony, and Trump missed one. That’ll teach him.

1 Like

Trump’s day is coming. But yes, I do feel like this was timed to some degree, coming on the heels of last night’s DNC grand finale. See also: todays ruling against Trump.

maybe. but only if he cared to find out what was happening at the post office, and that doesn’t seem to be the case. he came with his own agenda, and obviously has refused to listen to anyone

tldr: he was probably too busy to notice

5 Likes

Could the latest escalation towards the USPS be related? Did team orange know this was coming?

2 Likes

I look forward to the mug shot, which will look [checks notes] exactly like every other photo of Bannon ever taken.

7 Likes

You haven’t seen the trailer for 2021’s Waterpostmanworld?

19 Likes

Yeah, lots do, but the Postal Inspectors are also arguably the oldest federal police force (the postal inspector position predates the country, but the agency came after the Marshalls).

10 Likes

I hope he cried.

6 Likes

To keep Bannon quiet about DJT’s involvement? I mean, if there was money being siphoned, the Don always gets a taste.

2 Likes

Yeah, a friend pointed that out offline. His spin was, to keep Bannon quiet about Russian involvement in 2016, and the punchline was, “either he gets Stone’s deal… or Epstein’s.”

10 Likes

Didn’t Trump say he was going to be pardoning a very important person on Thursday?

3 Likes

I’m betting that Costner and I would be the only two people excited to see that made. Maybe his mom if she’s still around. The world is lucky I’m not a wealthy film producer.

3 Likes

john-ratzenberger-cheers-usps1

26 Likes

Looks like the yacht is owned by a Chinese billionaire. How could it not be.

7 Likes

I’ll vouch.

P.S.: a reminder

3 Likes

So, does getting arrested on a boat indicate “flight risk” the way, say, getting arrested at the airpot does? Or did Bannon just live on a boat now?

3 Likes

I’m in. I have zero movie making experience but I don’t expect that being a problem, more of a bonus.

7 Likes

That “important person” turned out to be Susan B Anthony, in a desperate attempt to appeal to white female voters and draw attention to himself from the Democratic convention. (Someone in the White House obviously set the whole thing up for Trump and told him she was important - I recollect some previous instance where her name came up and Trump clearly had no idea who she was.) Ironically, during her life she was quite clear she didn’t want to be pardoned, so of course he managed to even fuck that up.

20 Likes