Summer Olympics 2024 - let the games begin!

Literally the breakfast of champions! :smiley:

8 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Toronto’s Summer McIntosh puts :canada: on the board with a Silver, behind :australia: Ariarne Titmus.

My theory is that :australia: swimmers are so fast because the crocs and sharks eat the slow ones. Evolutionary pressure and all, :thinking: time to put some crocs in Toronto harbour.

12 Likes

Excited Tom Hiddleston GIF by Marvel Studios

7 Likes
5 Likes

For a bit, I thought I was taking crazy pills, because definitely at least half of his speech was in French. (Watched the live airing.)

@Simon_Clift: Crocs won’t survive winter, but some bull sharks might!

7 Likes

It was a wonderful thing to watch; he went in and out of the two languages pretty effortlessly (and he’s German). I was envious.

4 Likes

14 Likes

Tuned in for the first time, wasn’t watching for more than 3 minutes when this piece of shit comes on. Atrocious.

The answer is yes, yes it does. And shame on them for sullying Beethoven with this bullshit. This goes way beyond trash talk, which I’m fine with and enjoy when it’s in good spirit. I’m beyond disgusted. Bad sportsmanship :-1:

8 Likes

I don’t know, I could do with more competition and less of the mini documentaries.

Me and my wife really enjoyed the team Brazil women’s gymnastics team trials.

Is it bad if we’re cheering for Brazil instead of United States in the team competition?

5 Likes

In gymnastics, with Biles on the team?

For shame!

4 Likes

But Brazil has 33 year old Jade Barbosa who did her floor routine to Britney Spears.

They all looked like they were really having fun.

5 Likes

I’m still Team USA for women’s gymnastics, but the Brazilian team does make a good showing.

9 Likes

Agreed. That voice-over could’ve been written by Ayn Rand. :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

You get to cheer whomsoever you please. Though I tend to cheer multiple teams and people, even when they compete against one another. Today it was South Korea’s archery team.

The subdivision with USA women’s gymnastics was good today. Didn’t have time to watch any of the other gymnastics. Will have to check out Brazil.

4 Likes

Keep an eye out for Andrade. I got to see her in the qualifiers today (Brazilian team) and found her very compelling.

7 Likes

I think this guy was actually propelled by the cheering crowd.

He’s won by over 5 seconds.

8 Likes
1 Like
6 Likes
7 Likes