Supercut of Donald Trump sniffing oddly at the first presidential debate

I’ll just leave this here for balance.

1 Like

Only thing that was missing from tRump’s performance was a crotch grab/adjust & a knuckle deep nose pick.

10 Likes

Not really the same.

1. She had fucking pneumonia during some of those clips.
  2. Your supercut is from a number of different appearances at different times over the course of many years (how long has it been since she had the haircut at 0:40?). The supercut of Trump was culled from a single 90-minute appearance.
37 Likes

Giuliani was apparently angry that Lester Holt had the gall to point out some of Trump’s most egregious factual errors (like when he denied saying a number of things that he undeniably said) or repeat questions that Trump refused to answer.

13 Likes

Nor apparently is failing to notice irony.

3 Likes

Couldn’t they simply mix the speaker’s microphone into his earpiece so he hears himself, but not into the main PA so the audience doesn’t? Like those websites who deal with trollies by arranging that their posts are visible only to themselves until they give up because nobody responds to them.

5 Likes
  1. Maybe he wasn’t well either.
  2. Here you go. Here’s a supercut from a single appearance.

Maybe she’s just allergic to bullshit.

14 Likes

Then why not just say so instead of blaming the microphone?

Hillary didn’t blame her cough on the air conditioning system.

11 Likes

Why didn’t she just say so, instead of blaming Trump?

She didn’t blame the heat for her cough. She said she was suffering from heat exhaustion during a rally—which was TRUE. The explanation that said heat exhaustion and coughing was due to pneumonia came shortly afterward. She didn’t try to pretend someone turned up the heat to make her look weak.

Trump not only blamed the microphone, he claimed that the debate commission intentionally gave him a faulty microphone to make him look bad next to Hillary. That’s some next-level conspiratorial bullshit.

25 Likes

The severity of Trump’s personality disorder suggests that he hasn’t been well in a long time.

18 Likes

That was the great Rev. Gary Davis, not Dylan. Minor nitpick, but credit where credit is due.

I realise that. I edited my comment to show she blamed her cough on Trump, an even weaker excuse.
@Snowlark
That’s true.

Obama admitted using coke in Dreams From My Father, but nobody serious is claiming he smoked crack.

2 Likes

That was clearly intended as a joke.

Trump does not appear to be joking about the microphone accusation (though it’s a common tack for him to later claim he was joking about stuff like that).

7 Likes

That’s true, but perhaps she should’ve come clean about it as you suggest Trump should.

I refused to watch the debate, because I think politics shouldn’t be entertainment, it should be boring and academic. I don’t care if Trump or Hillary had allergies or a cold, I don’t care if they “acted Presidential” or had more “personality” on stage for one evening, I want someone competent and intelligent. It should be like hiring a car mechanic or surgeon-- I don’t have to like them personally, as long as they can show me they know the problems inside and out. Everything about Trump says otherwise. And the fact that so much of his business history shows he’s a con artist, I’m not sure I could even trust him if he came across as reasonable and intelligent for one evening (at this point even if he did a complete reversal and started using Bernie Sanders’ talking points word for word I still wouldn’t vote for him.)

The only interesting thing about the sniffing is that it could be the same “health issues” argument conservatives have been playing up with Hillary-- what comes around goes around.

8 Likes

Where in that supercut did she blame Trump? She did at one point say “Every time I think about Trump…” but without more context there’s no way to know what exactly she was saying, whether it was a joke or whether she was about to say something serious.

I’m sure Trump would appreciate your efforts to offer “balance” but it’s hard to do that given how incompetent at debating he showed himself to be last night.

8 Likes

She did, that’s why we know she had pneumonia. And she didn’t seriously try to lay the blame anyone or anything for her coughing before announcing her diagnosis.

But Trump has just gone on record blaming his sniffles on a faulty microphone conspiracy orchestrated by the Presidential Debates Commission, because he thinks everything that doesn’t go his way is part of a system rigged against him. Even if he announces later today that he’s actually been fighting a cold, that bullshit paranoid accusation is part of the public record.

9 Likes