Supercut of Donald Trump sniffing oddly at the first presidential debate

I fear that the problem with this may be that (a) it will turn off men who feel insecure and (b) it may turn off some women as being too assertive. If you’re a Democrat woman running for President you already have a problem with some people regardless of political leanings, just by being more in tune with the 21st century than the 20th.

2 Likes

Wait, you guys aren’t reading the same news the rest of the nation is, are you:

7 Likes

re: Trump vowing to hit harder, I can’t wait to see him try it.

9 Likes

There wasn’t anything wrong with his microphone! I could hear everything he was say–

Ahhhh, got it.

12 Likes

There is a long history of technological foot-dragging in congress. Thomas Edison has some similar ideas about efficiency in politics, and his ideas were eventually implimented after 100 years.

Reminds me of a Groucho joke:

I didn't like the play, but then I saw it under adverse conditions - the curtain was up.
12 Likes

He says that he’s going to bring up Bill Clinton’s infidelities. No possible way that could backfire for a serial adulterer who is currently on his third wife.

20 Likes

They really, really need to mute his microphone when it’s not his turn to speak in the next debate.
I’m sure the men denying that this happens will explain that, well, Donald Trump is an asshole who does this to everyone, which may be true, but he wasn’t this bad at the Republican debates.

5 Likes

Then we would’ve missed some of his best lines, like when he insisted he was “smart” for not paying any federal taxes.

I don’t think any of his interruptions helped his case. That’s why Clinton kept smiling through most of them.

16 Likes

She didn’t even address his ‘temperament’ tirade. She didn’t have to. Why hand someone a shovel when they’re already using one?

9 Likes

9 Likes

That’s a good point. How about this solution: when it’s not their turn, their mic signal is routed through a pitch shifter that raises their voice by an octave and isolated into our rear surround speakers, so they sound like the squeaky, interrupting kids in the peanut gallery they’re acting like.

I say “they.” I of course mean “he.”

15 Likes

He was worse with interrupting Clinton, but was still really horrible in the GOP debates in interrupting Jeb! and Cruz, and taking more time than allotted. His whole schtick is a reckless disregard for any rules or order, despite praising law and order.

8 Likes

Interesting that in this supercut he is exactly as coherent as he was in the full debate.

3 Likes

I think he said “WRONG” to something she had just said, talking over her of course. I only tuned in during halftime of the football game, but I did happen to catch that moment.

1 Like

So many of his interruptions were him just saying, “Wrong!” during Clinton’s own fact-checking, which for some people would have undermined her statements.

I wish, though, that she had a look of shocked incredulity when he said that, although I suppose even his supporters realize how absurd that statement was.

He is a man of many ironies.

7 Likes

“Wrong.”
“I never said that.”
“Not true.”

Given that he speaks at a third-grade level, I suspect that his advisers coached him on using these phrases instead of ‘Nuh-uh’.

11 Likes

Trump vows to ‘hit her harder’

Yeah, that’s his plan to appeal to women voters.

13 Likes

The donkey punch of America.

3 Likes

Fox is playing to that base, the ones (the many) who think a man can’t be a “real man” unless he’s willing to defy “the PC police” and go ahead and hit a woman “who deserves it.” Oh for the days when it was okay to put a woman in her place, etc, ad nauseam.

11 Likes